You get what you pay for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get what you pay for

I recently bought my Leadtek ti4200 for under £140. Although it plays games well enough with lots of detail it still doesnt have that visual spark that my my old G400 or Radeon had. About 18 months ago a m8 brought around his new Geforce Ultra and told me to move out of the way while he showed me what a real card was like. It played Q3 with all the details maxed out at 1600*1200 at 60fps and felt like shit off a shovel. However, it still looked kinda jaded in comparison.

The point of this is; if they can charge £300 for a 4600, then the people who bought the Parhelia with its 'Visuals to Die for' IQ must have excellent value for money. Try not to fall for all the hype that surround the cards with the fastest FPS because at the end of the day its all a sham. As long as your card works for you then its fine. I decided not to spend £330 on the P which is a pity because I'm now missing its quality

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Still, you got some extra performance over your G400 for quite a sensible price.

I'd wait with the Parhelia, let's see if like good wine it matures well. Besides, with the Radeon 9700 floating point color calculations which does give the Parhelia a fight over IQ, prices should drop significantly. That's unless [Matrox are going to pull another bunny our of their sleeve such as certified OpenGL drivers with better performance as well.

You got what you paid for, that's correct, but I don't think you got anything bad.

Comment

Working...
    X