pll's for o/cing fsb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pll's for o/cing fsb?

i have read on some forums about something called a pll which you can solder onto your motherboard to increase the scope of the fsb but the people who talked about them didnt seem to know anything about them as per usual. what are they and how do they work?are they easy to install?
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

They aren't easy to install, don't work on many boards and cost quite a bit (as much as most MB's).

Let me dig up a link for ya...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So where's that link
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It most certainly wouldn't work, seeing as your BIOS looks for a certain PLL upon initialization....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

K6-III you are flat wrong about this one.

Zokes, I've been busy with you know what (P)... have some patience my boy, I'll get to it soon enough.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            K6-III you are flat wrong about this one.

Zokes, I've been busy with you know what (P)... have some patience my boy, I'll get to it soon enough.
            Sorry master, forgive master, I will return to my studies master Greebe.

Update: I didn't mean for that to sound impatient, I just was making sure that the thread didn't disappear to far down as this subject peaked my interest as well!
            Last edited by ZokesPro; 28 August 2002, 08:34.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I looked a bit late last night for my links on this, but when your bookmarks haven't been organized in a couple of years and the file is >2 megs in size, it takes awhile to pull it out of me butt

Comment

and

Comment

cheers for that greebe ill do some research tho it sounds like i could mess my h/w up big style
                  is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                  Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                  X