Darn it win2k reboots rather than shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn it win2k reboots rather than shutting down

Asus p4s533 motherboard with latest bios and power saving enabled in the bios. It doesn't matter if you turn it off either.
    Now I can get win2k to show it's safe to turn off your computer but I'd rather it shut it self down. I do this by disabling apm mode. At the moment it reboots rather than shutting down which is slightly annoying.
    One thing I can look for is disabled items under the device manager under hidden devices. Is there anything else I can look for.
    Note win2k is not installed in apci mode.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Why not try apci mode?
    What so wrong with that?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Probably becuase I would have to re-install everything which is a pain in the butt.
      The non acpi is from the Via/sblive 5.1 Abit days and it was the only way I could stop the system from wiping out it's hard drive.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Umm. Opinion incoming.

It's time to bit the bullet. Shifting motherboard from the same platform is messy enough, but keeping an install as you switch to a new platform is a real nightmare. It's very possible that your current Hydravision problem may also stem from your overall install.

I'd start backing up and start fresh.
        <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

Upgraded the bios last night and win2k didn't like that neither did 98. Sorted that out under 98 reghosted win2k back. Uninstalled the Via crap.
          Thinking about XP now perhaps it's time to upgrade.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X