X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.2 Trillion lawsuit against Fax-Spamming firm

Now this is what I call a lawsuit!

I hope he wins!
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Good luck to him ! Death to spammers !!!

Comment

What I want to know is this: do spammers actually make any money? I don't know of anyone who has ever bought any product/service as the result of spam (email or fax). And there must be costs involved (how much?) - I guess that the firms "employing" the spammer must make it worthwhile...
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

While you don't THINK that spam is effective, apparently advertising cost/benefit analyses show that it is. *shrug* I don't buy it personally, but hey - 5 MILLION people see your shitty e-mail, a few are gonna buy, and it's extra-cheap.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

That IS the amazing thing with spam,

Some idiots actualy buys
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I usually go to their "Sign up here" and enter a bogus set of details, along with the email address of their webmaster.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I think that in Italy fax spamming is legal, seeing from the number of un-wanted fax we receive ech day...
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

I was watching this Infomercial a week ago late at night (~3am just before passing out) and this twit was proclaiming the benifits of mass emailing/faxing. No he did not call it spam, nor did they ever mention that it could be illegal or the consequences if it is or how other percieve it. All he hyped was how much money you could make and get rich quick so send him the money (whatever $$ amount) for his Howto package.

I almost reached through the set and choked him to death right then. Maggots! Errrr

Oh that reminds me of my favorite commercial. The "Snickers" commercial with the dude who is abruptly woken up, leaves his home and tracks down the telemarketer, then tromps his phone to death on the floor while this moron is still running his mouth.

The "Whaaaaaaaaa" martial arts bit at the end is a classic all in itself!
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, was it Chris DuPree? He pisses me off. He has Cindy Margolis (most downloaded woman I've never EVER seen on the Internet) help with his shill.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Nope it wasn't Chris "gag me with a spoon" Dupree... tho that is Chris's latest reincarnation of his BS

This was another not so slick as Chris twit.
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

You know what I want to know?

How did Cindy Margolis get to be the "most downloaded woman on the Internet"?

I mean, I've seen a LOT of pictures on the internet (ahem) but never a SINGLE ONE of Ms. Margolis.

How was she getting this title?

- Gurm

Comment

Because they don't want mom & pop bible belt to think differently... which is a good thing

Comment

I can't say I'd ever heard of Fax-spamming before now, I can well imagine it would be a problem since there are actually costs involved with recieving the damned things.

<snip rant about the number of law suits being filed these days>
                          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Some master hacker needs to DOS attack Fax.com and give them a taste of their own medicine.

At my work we get these all the time. I need to send Fax.com a bill for some new HP inkjet cartridges.

Comment

Working...
                            X