Favorite commercials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite commercials?

I just about die everytime I see the AFLAC commercial with Yogi Berra and the duck

Quack.....

For those overseas who don't know about Yogi Berra; he was a great catcher for the New York Yankee's and also known for his "Yogi-isms";

"It ain't over 'til it's over"

"It's deja vu all over again."

"You can observe a lot by watching"

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

"We made too many wrong mistakes."

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

My favorite is the Verizon(?), where a guy is sitting on the couch, staring at a ferret(?). the he sticks his tongue out and the ferret flies over, bites his tongue and does not let go. Then he dials SOS on his phone....

I laugh every time...

The Chicken
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It's a Dutch commercial my buddy download from the net.

It's this normal family who pile in to a car and they drive away listening to some dance music. They are all singing along merrily.

The words to the song are: "I want to F*ck you up the ass!!!"

Then a message pops up saying:"Want to learn English? Call us."

I thought it was hilarious!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Zokes,

AFAIK that one is fake. But I could be wrong... them whacky scandinavians!

And as far as I'm concerned, Yogi Berra should have long ago been sliced up with razor blades and dropped into the pirahna tank. Anyone who so rabidly promotes the vapid stupidity that is "Pro Sports" deserves nothing but the most horrible death imaginable.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          Zokes,

- Gurm
          It's funny as hell though!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I love the annoyed/frustrated AFLAC duck!

I was always fond of the coca cola polar bear and her cubs though.
            Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Let's see.
              I really like that Super Bowl commercial from a few years ago, about "cat herding."

There's one that's playing now: Two squirrels foraging for food by a road in the middle of nowhere. You hear a car in the distance, and one of the squirrels scampers on to the road, and off camera. You hear tires squeal, a loud crash, and a hub cap rolls by the screen. The squirrel runs back, and the other squirrel gives him a high-five. It's a car insurance commercial.

There's also one for salmon that I really like. The brand escapes me, but I have the mpg at home.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

3rd year now:
                Staples Back to School DAD happily shopping while the kids slowly follow with heads hung low
                Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

It's a commercial for "John West" salmon. The MPG is 9MB though, and I have nowhere to put it.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Over here the commercials are frequently better than the TV shows, to the point where we get whole TV shows dedicated to showing us the funniest advertisments.

I couldnt name my favourite advert, but it would be a close tie between almost any of the Carling adverts and almost any of the Hamlet cigar adverts of the early to mid nineties.
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Check the map. Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden, Finnland, Danmark and Estonia are not on Scandinavian peninsula but are sometimes counted as scandinavian for historical reasons.

Netherlands (Dutch people) is located between Belgium and Germany with UK accross the channel. It's famous for windmills, polders, Rotterdam (biggest port in Europe), canals in Amsterdam, coffe shops - the whole Amsterdam thing and somehwat more liberal views (eutanasia, legalised drugs, homosexual marriages)
                      Last edited by UtwigMU; 27 August 2002, 02:30.

Comment

There was a fun radio commercial here, for the national lottery:

- "Goodmoring sir."
                        - "Goodmoring. I'd like to buy a lobster."
                        - "This one ?"
                        - "No-no, make it the large one, I'm very hungry."
                        - "Ok, that costs ... " (can't remember the price, but it was high )
                        - "Ah... Oh, well, I'm not that hungry.... I think I'll have this one."
                        - "That is a shrimp, sir. "

I peronally really like the commercials on ITV, e.g. during a movie, although there are a lot of commercial breaks, you never get to see the same commercial twice (the advertisers even tend to make several commercials with a storyline !). Here in Belgium, every break has the same commercials...

Wombat: I think I know that commercial; it is a classic (I'll check to see if I can put it up for download) !

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                          I peronally really like the commercials on ITV, e.g. during a movie, although there are a lot of commercial breaks, you never get to see the same commercial twice (the advertisers even tend to make several commercials with a storyline
                          You should have seen the Nescafe Gold Blend (coffee) adverts a few years ago, starring Anthony Head (the librarian from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). It ran like a mini-series and the final 'episode' got more publicity and viewers than anything else on TV that day.
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

There was a Bosch (I think) one on quite recentley that I liked (and hopefully remember well enough to repeat here...)

It involded a tortoise moving slowly accross the screen, for about 20 seconds or so, then a caption of "not everything need be slow" at which point the tortoise zoomed back across the screen a few times, having sprouted rollerblade wheels beneath itself. Then another caption appeared "with the right engineering". I liked that.
                            MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
                            X