X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem: forum timeout?

This is what happen:

I'm at work.

I login into the forum and find a lot of unread thread.

Then, as I'm at work, I sometimes have to stop reading and leave for a bit. I however leave the browser opened on the page I was reading.

When I come back, I finish reading and go back to the main forum page.

Often, the forum engine mark every thread as read even if I have not still look into them. And, strange enough, I'm still logged in...

Can't this timeout being eliminated or almost extended?

Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

I've been getting more busy lately and the timeout has screwed up my daily goal of making sure I read all posts. I've started opening browser windows from the "View New Posts" links when I initially log on (usually two or three pages worth). I then open a new browser window from the new posts link from a thread, read the thread updates, close the window and repeat with the next thread. My next goal is to quit reading the MURC so much.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

LOL xortam

I leave the View New Posts tab (2) open in Mozilla and refresh the main forums page (tab 1). Then open another View New Posts in yet another tab (3) just to be sure nothing is missed.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, well, what about raising or totally removing that timeout?
        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

In Opera you can use the automatic reload function. You can set a time interval for automatic reloading of any Web page. I Use it all the time . Maybe mozilla has a simaler feature.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

But it's actually a bad thing for using the forums, because it will set all new posts to "already read" everytime it reloads.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X