X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCs most poisonous sheep on the planet

Leave them alone, says Inova

By INQUIRER staff: fredag 23 augusti 2002, 12:11

GERMAN SEMICONDUCTOR firm Inova said that PCs are too noisy, too hot, a source of pollutants and should be banished from the near vicinity of human beings, quoting Danish research that shows they contaminate the air with chemical crap.

In fact, the firm said, the PC is a wolf disguised as a sheep, with over 700 different materials from tin, and lead through to mercury, cadmium and bromine, with many harmful chemicals "exhaled" from the box. Flame protective agents can release dioxins and furans, even the recently introduced tetrabrominebisphenol A, it appears.

And the sound levels modern PCs produce can have up to four fans and will affect your brain-body big time. Apparently the limit for noise in a room should be 55dBA but that's exceeded in a room with several of the infernal boxes.

Crafty Inova reckons it has come up with the perfect solution – get as far away from them as you can, which it reckons is 35 metres.

The firm has invented by a 1.2Gbits high speed data link between a PC and monitor and the keyboard it calls Gigastar.

This, presumably, lets you stick your PC in a room somewhere else but if your machine needs a quick reboot, you're still going to have to go down the corridor and give it a quick kick.

After all this hellish data about the "wolf disguised as a sheep", Inova still seems to think we should use its PCI-MMedia board, although we're now so frightened by its data that we think maybe PCs should be banned completely.

But no, Inova wants to sell you the PCI-MMedia starter kit for €770.

Here's Inova's link to the contaminant research. µ
    Talk about lame excuses to sell expensive toys!
    Last edited by Technoid; 25 August 2002, 05:56.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

where is the link?
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

They're right in their observations, though.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes, but they invalid it by using it as a excuse to sell a overpriced unnesessary gadget!

For a less than 1/10 (I cant write it in words, im temprarly blocked ) you can get a better HS and a big slow SILENT fan instead of the standard POS thats usualy in standard computers..

And to eliminate the risk of sucking in all those polutions you can: open a window

But for sound studios it might be an idea... mayby
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            Yes, but they invalid it by using it as a excuse to sell a overpriced unnesessary gadget!

For a less than 1/10 (I cant write it in words, im temprarly blocked ) you can get a better HS and a big slow SILENT fan instead of the standard POS thats usualy in standard computers..

And to eliminate the risk of sucking in all those polutions you can: open a window

But for sound studios it might be an idea... mayby
            Technoid is right, I haven't seen anybody get sick because of their computers so far, unless you decided to ingest a stick of ram! I also think it's an excuse to sell an overpriced gadget.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Better to use the money building a closet for your CPU box.

Comment

I didn't mean to defend the firm or their advertising methods - it's just that they are right in that PCs aren't good for your health.

AZ

Comment

Everything is bad for your health

Including:

Worrying abour your health!

Not worrying about it!

So lets get a little less healthy and stopp worrying about it

Comment

Originally posted by az
                    I didn't mean to defend the firm or their advertising methods - it's just that they are right in that PCs aren't good for your health.

AZ
                    I'm sure at some point they are right, but maybe not to the extent they say PC's are.

Comment

zokes.. i swear your avatar cud turn a straight woman gay
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

people worry too much, or am I missing the point?
                        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                          Having any lesbian tendancies lately?

Comment

Could we see pictures of you changing your mind, Liz?

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                              my wife seems to agree with you on that.... ... more so since she is an ilustrator ... so she apreciates it more... i sm hsving s field day .....
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X