Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942 and Surround Gaming

Hey Guys,
    I know many of you are wondering if it's possible to run Battlefield 1942 in Surround Gaming, and the answer is YES!

Follow these steps to get it working:

1- Install the demo
    2- Run it for the first time
    3- Quit the game, this will generate a video.con
    4- go to settings/profiles/custom and edit video.con generated
    5- Change game.setGameDisplayMode 800 600 32
    to game.SetGameDisplayMode 2400 600 32
    6- Save and quit
    7- Run the game again and choose multiplayer and create or join a game, except it will be in Surround Gaming and the FOV is automatically adjusted!!

Regards,
    Last edited by R0M; 23 August 2002, 22:17.
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

I like it!

How did it run then? What FPS do you get?
    All fancy eye candy on?

Comment

Wow, man, I trried that about a dozen times and couldnt make it happen! Anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong???

Comment

Hey Tony,
        I know why you can't get it to work, don't click on USE on the profile. Just click on Multiplayer right away, otherwise it will override the file if you choose a profile. Let me know if that helps,

Regards,
        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

I will try that right away

Comment

IT WORKS!!

and its damn cool!!!!

I reconfigured most of my controls and its great but i cant seem to change weapons, other than picking them up from a victim.

Comment

WOW! This is really friggen Awsome!

I just got done playing around with BF1942 and surround gaming and damn it makes a huge difference. I was in a Sherman Tank attacking one of the spawn points and I had japanese Inf trying to take my tank out...from the sides, but with the surroundgaming I was able to see them and turn the turret and take them out! As for FPS I'm getting about 30 FPS, which isn't as bad as you think it sounds. Game is still very playable and hopefully the performance will improve as drivers mature.
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
              X