Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Lothar of the Hill People fans (SNL)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Lothar of the Hill People fans (SNL)?

Just wondering.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

WHAT?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Mike Meyers? Saturday Night Live?
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

I can't believe it....not one other MURC is a Lothar fan. Where are the SNL buffs....
        System Specs:

Comment

I'm a fan of SNL but I've never seens skit for Lothar of the Hill People.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

You should be ashamed. That was one of Mike Meyer's best skits. I tried looking up old episodes of it on IMesh, but it didn't find any...
            System Specs:

Comment

I am.

I'm sorry.

Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I loved that song...

LOTHAR! Of the Hill People! LOTHAR! Of the Hill People!

And all of the other hill people had weird names, like TROG of the tree-pushers and all that.

It may be hard to remember since it's from way back when SNL was funny.

Comment

Oh you mean like back when John Belushi (ie original cast) was still around?
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    Oh you mean like back when John Belushi (ie original cast) was still around?
                    I'm a little too young for that...I meant the Myers-era 'second coming' of SNL.

Comment

At least there is one other that knows of Lothar of the Hill People.

Yeah, I don't think SNL is funny any longer. The new cast sucks. Even Will Ferrel, who I didn't think was all that funny, has quit the cast. I think he was pretty much their last hope. I did think the cast with Daroll Hammond, Tim Meadows, Jim Brewer, Molly Shannon, and Norm McDonald was pretty funny. But after they fired Norm for cussing on air, it went down hill from there and people just started quitting...
                      System Specs:

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe Mike will revive this for a movie now that Austin Powers has been squeezed dry.

Comment

Lothar would be a bad ass movie. Or maybe they could just add him in the next Austin Powers movie.
                            System Specs:

Comment

I am Lothar, of the Hill people. Come, sit, speak with me. What troubles you my fellow villager?

Lothar, I ... find it diffcult to walk with women...

Yes, my fellow villager, it is VERY difficult to walk with women

....etc

It's been ages since I've seen Lothar.

PS: For those who have never seen the old SNL skit: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/89/89jlothar.phtml

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X