Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyway to make the Reef demo my screen saver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway to make the Reef demo my screen saver?

. . .cause that would be TIGHT!
    My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Do a search, the solution was posted here

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sorry
      My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

np

AZ

Comment

I have found a way to use the Reef demo as screensaver for us G400 users.

1. VideoSaver from realtimesoft.com
          2. Reef avi demo from Matrox
          3. Set VideoSaver to desktop mode
          4. here you go

Works for other non-Matrox multimon solution as well.
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

What "solution"

az,

What solution, there is no way to do this!
            The app Ant posted to run ANY app as a screensaver flat doesn't work, full stop. Changing the exe extension to .scr won't work, for too many obvious reasons I won't go into.
            Matrox need to code a nice pretty screensaver taht looks similar to the Reef Demo, but with random elements, not preset like the demo.

And since Matrox take slightly less then forever to do any coding work, I'm guessing we'll not see anything like this before the end of the Parhelia life-cycle.
            It isn't a priority, that's for sure.
            Still, Voodoo Lights looks really pretty on the Parhelia, much nicer then my old Gfart

PS, I love my Parhelia, I really do! I just wish Matrox would double their software team, compare and contrast with nvidia, whose driver team is pretty hot stuff!
            Life is a ride
            Like days on a train
            Cities rush by
            Like ghosts in the night

Comment

I had wroten a program that allow to use any file as a screen saver (and I mean ANY), but never found a betatester (apart from Fanboy for a few days).

At the moment I use it at home to have an mpeg as screen saver.
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Sorry Yx... thought there was a solution posted.

Drizzt, how about you post a download location for the program?

BTW, I like your new sig

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
                  I had wroten a program that allow to use any file as a screen saver (and I mean ANY), but never found a betatester (apart from Fanboy for a few days).

At the moment I use it at home to have an mpeg as screen saver.
                  Drizzt,

Sorry about that...I got side tracked and I just have recently moved. Let me see what I can do with it today
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

GT98, I was not complaining about you! You had warned me about you missing for a few, and moreover no one live to serve me

Comment

Originally posted by az
                      Sorry Yx... thought there was a solution posted.
                      There was, but it didn't work.

Originally posted by az

Drizzt, how about you post a download location for the program?

AZ
                      Nix, I'll post a download location when I'll be sure everything is allright.
                      At the moment I need to work onto the UI; when I'll have fixed a few points on it, I'll reopen the beta testing stage.

edit: uhmm...I've found right now the APIs I needed to fix the UI. Maybe this evening I'll code them into the program

Last edited by Drizzt; 28 August 2002, 07:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X