Map of the creator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map of the creator ?

Reading up on some weird newsfacts on http://zzz.com.ru , I noticed this article in this weeks issue.

A find of Bashkir scientists contraries to traditional notions of human history: stone slab which is 120 million years covered with the relief map of Ural R...

-
    A find of Bashkir scientists contraries to traditional notions of human history: stone slab which is 120 million years covered with the relief map of Ural Region.

This seems to be impossible. Scientists of Bashkir State University have found indisputable proofs of an ancient highly developed civilization’s existence. The question is about a great plate found in 1999, with picture of the region done according to an unknown technology. This is a real relief map. Today’s military has almost similar maps. The map contains civil engineering works: a system of channels with a length of about 12,000 km, weirs, powerful dams. Not far from the channels, diamond-shaped grounds are shown, whose destination is unknown. The map also contains some inscriptions. Even numerous inscriptions. At first, the scientists thought that was Old Chinese language. Though, it turned out that the subscriptions were done in a hieroglyphic-syllabic language of unknown origin. The scientists never managed to read it…
    -
    (the article continues, I just copied the introduction)

What do you guys think of this ?

Could this be a hoax ? A coincidence ? An error ? A rumour ? A disturbance in the Matrix ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

You know, the human mind has a major tendency to find order in things, even when it's not there...maybe what those scientists are interpreting are just some random scratches on a rock.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

It will be declared hoax or never be heard from ever again or it might be real but thats a slim chance.

The funny thing is the composition of the rock and that they claim that it can only be done with machines...
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

For what I read lot of time ago, it is not a hoax.

However, remember that human mind has a major tendency to refuse what can change the state of things, so most people will refuse to see reality.
        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Evidently lost somewhere in the translation:

The ROCK is 120 million years old. The map (supposedly carved into it) almost certainly MUCH younger.

Russia's got some wierdo scientists.

Kevin

Comment

Okay, re-read the news article. It sounds to me like this slab might be some kind of ceramic. The map might have been carved into a soft base material and then glazed and fired. The base substrate may be natural, with successive layers built up by the mapmakers.

Still pretty impressive, if authentic.

Kevin

Comment

They once claimed that the crystal skulls could not have been made without sofisticated machinery and that it could not be replicated today.....

That turned out to be overexagerasions and limited knowledge......

If the rock has been examined under a couple of years and they still think the same about it THEN I might believe in it!
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Modern humans have a hard time imagining that people thousands of years ago could be as inventive as we are.

Makes one wonder just how much science has been lost over the ages, that we've only been able to regain in the last thousand or so years.

Kevin

Comment

My biggest gripe is that the homo sapiens appered for about 50 000 years ago and the "official" theory is that Civilasations started about 6000 BC.....

Could any of you imagine Us humans sitting idly and do the exact same thing everyday and not be curius about "Whats over that ridge...." for 40 000 years!!!

Comment

I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that anatomically modern humans actually emerged 140,000 years ago. That widens the time span for ancient civilizations quite a bit!

Kevin

Comment

Hmmm.....
                      That must be the neandethals.....

I shall check....
                      (Rummaging around in my shed, "Wheres my Time machin? has it disapered again?")

Comment

Found a site amongst my bookmarks:
                        Homo sapiens
                        Neanderthal

Overview
                        Last edited by Technoid; 23 August 2002, 11:16.

Comment

The most important part is: Is there a name on the rock? Is there a sign of the strange word "Slartibartfast" anywhere on it?

That would explain quite a lot

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Oh NO!
                            Please NO!
                            I can live with smart Mice but NOT smart Flipper

Comment

Huh? I must've missed that part... Or do you mean because they left and thanked for the fish?

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X