Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bad_pool_caller" Bsod

Hey everyone.
    Lately i have been getting a frequend Blue Screen of Death with the error "BAD_POOL_CALLER". I have read around a little bit, and from what i can understand, MS says it has something to do with the video card, but im not so sure about that because i havent read about anyone else with a similar problem. I dont remember when it started, but i just did a fresh install and i get the same problem. I am running Windows XP, i have a Parhelia 128 and a Sounblaster Audigy Platinum, the rest of my system specs are down below. Does anyone have any ideas? or has anyone els ran into this problem before?
    -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Hi Mungu,

i've seen this for a couple of Radeon card and newer driver fixes the problem for them.

Microsoft says on one of their sites ( here ), that a virus scanner could be the problem too.
    [edit: forget the virus scanner, as this applies to upgrading to XP]

Maybe you should report this on Matrox tech support forum.

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Wasn't that a Dirty Harry movie?

(Ignore me, move on please...)
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Almost that name on the movie .
        (Ignore me also )
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well i tried the latest version of the Parhelia Drivers as well as the version right before the latest, same problem. I know it isnt a virus scanner issue, i dont have one installed yet :P

Maybe i will try the Matrox forum like you said..
          Thanks!

Originally posted by Rakido
          Hi Mungu,

i've seen this for a couple of Radeon card and newer driver fixes the problem for them.

Microsoft says on one of their sites ( here ), that a virus scanner could be the problem too.
          [edit: forget the virus scanner, as this applies to upgrading to XP]

Maybe you should report this on Matrox tech support forum.

Rakido
          -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Comment

It often has to do with your chipset. You have an Intel chipset, so there are no special patches. Just go into your BIOS and set everything, especially memory timings, to a more moderate level. See if that helps.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

10 to 1 that it's the Creative drivers causing the BSODs. The Parhelia ran just fine on my system using the 223, 226, 228 Parhelia drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X