Max Payne install problems.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Payne install problems.....

With the full install at 56% and the minimum install at 80%, I get an error that boots me out of the install program (cyclic redunancy error I think). Can anyone tell me how to avoid this ro fix the problem?

It is MY retail version of the game - btw, I want to burn a copy of it for my own use, can someone tell me how to do this? - and the error occurs both at overclocked and normal speeds in both cd drives. BTW, my os is win2k.

I want to see how it runs on my Parhelia as opposed to my G400 MAX when I used to play it.

Thanks.

-D
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

either dodgy CD or dodgy CD drive...check for dust scratches or fingerprints on the CD.

As a long shot, you could slow your CD down by either changing the PIO/DMA mode down one notch in your bios, or using a CD tool to set the maxium spin speed lower(like I said those are long shots)

Comment

It's either that, your temp directory is too full, or your CD-ROM drivers running in compatability mode, but most likely what he said.

Comment

Working...
      X