Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winxp g400 and irq

Hi!

In winXP pro all my devices - via ac97 codec wdm, mill g400, realtek netcard - shares the same irq.
    I have problems with pixeltouch, whenever I activate it the screen becomes scrambled for seconds then blanks then more seconds pass then properly works.
    In win98 pixeltouch works a 'faster' way, alt+z switches immediately.

Does pixeltouch work that way by design or I have irq conflict?

If you're sharing all devices on a single IRQ then you have ACPI enabled. This is normal and should be no problem at all..

Don't know how that would pertain to pixeltouch.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes I have ACPI.
      I have it in win98 as well but the g400 doesn't share irq in win98, only the net and via does.

Is it normal to have looong delays when changing resolution or playing around with dualhead under winxp?
      I mean when I change resolution I get blank screen for about ~4-5 seconds.
      Last edited by Yanee; 22 August 2002, 17:14.

Comment

WinXP emulates IRQs so I guess this isn't an IRQ issue. It might be a driver or XP issue.

Try using latest drivers and latest BIOS. Perhaps the key combo interferes with something else too.

ACPI is bad vibes in my opinion (and not only mine). Try disabbling ACPI and assign IRQ for AGP in BIOS.

What motherboard are you using?
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 22 August 2002, 17:26.

Comment

Im using the latest drivers and latest bios. I tried many combos same results. The bios setting 'assign irq to vga' is enabled.
          I'll try to disable acpi in bios.

Anyway the mobo is Soltek sl-75kv+ (kt133/via686a) latest via drivers installed.

Comment

There is a great general BIOS guide based on the KT133 based ABIT KT7 here.

Comment

I've disabled ACPI. Now it's not possible to boot the OS at all. It hangs at /drivers/mup.sys.

Anyway the pixeltouch behaviour seems to be a driver bug. In 800x600 it works as it should. In 1024x768 and some other higher resolutions it's buggy.

Comment

Working...
              X