Odd pet behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd pet behavior?

My cat likes to dig styrofoam packing peanuts out of the trash and bat them around the floor.

After a while she'll bring the old one back and drop it into the garbage and dig out another one and bat THAT one around for awhile!

My God, I sound like Ralph Wiggums! "My cat's breath smells like cat food!"

Kevin

She's not playing, she's protecting you She has to make sure they're not just feigning death.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

heehee

my dog .. well she might be retarded.. i wont go into all the stories
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I can throw a ball away and one of our cats brings it back, put it in my hand and waits until i throw it away again.

The dog on the other side arches his back like a cat ......

Rakido
        [edit: can't spell]
        Last edited by Rakido; 22 August 2002, 00:04.
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I don't see any strange in that behauvior.....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I climb in trees and make ape like noises, genetics you know...

Comment

It is really fairly normal cat behavior. it gets tired of one peaqnut and finds another. They do the same in the out of doors. Cats will have a few dead playthings lying around and will go from one to another to keep from being bored.
              -Liriel
              Gurm's better half.

Comment

Wombat... you're too feckin' funny... can't breathe...must find paper bag...

edit: can't spell either
                Last edited by agallag; 22 August 2002, 19:11.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Our dog Spike (5 y/o, 110 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback; aka: African Lion Hound) is really a great watchdog. Problem is he doesn't watch where he's going.

We have dutch doors in the archway between the family room and the kitchen. When he's running through this archway on the way to the front door to investigate visitors he invariably runs head-on into the edge of the lower door

At this rate he's going to be senile before he's 7 years old....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 August 2002, 20:24.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    Our dog Spike (5 y/o, 110 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback; aka: African Lion Hound) is really a great watchdog. Problem is he doesn't watch where he's going.

We have dutch doors in the archway between the family room and the kitchen. When he's running through this archway on the way to the front door to investigate visitors he invariably runs head-on into the edge of the lower door

Dr. Mordrid
                    ROFLMAO

Sounds like my little sister
                    -Slougi

Comment

My folks have two cats on the farm up in Yorkshire. If we ever go out to herd some cattle in the evening from one field to another, spreading say 3 of us out behind them the cows, then if they deign to be interested, the cats will come along too and place themselves precisely between us, improving our "net".

And what's more, the cows won't try to get past them either. Despite being over a thousand times heavier.

Never seen anything else like it - they are farm cats (sleep outside), but have been brought up to be quite friendly. No need for dogs on our farm! (They'd chase a dog away as well!)

gnep
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
                        Don't worry Doc. ,
                        My sisters cat has been doing that for almost 7 years now and he's not more stupid now that he was before.....
                        (banging head into front door when trying to get out or in )
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sorry, but what are dutch doors? They type you see in saloons in western movies?

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Doors with an upper half and a lower half, that can be opened independantly.
                            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

We call them stable doors.
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X