Opera and MURC Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera and MURC Forums

Not sure if anyone will see this considering the infrequency in which this forum is visited, but anyhow here it is...

I use Opera more often than not anymore, however for some odd reason or another the MURC Forums just don't seem to agree with the browser (or vice versa). I either get pages that only half-way load, don't load at all, or continuosly refresh/reload. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems (if indeed anyone else uses Opera ). If need be I can post a screenshot or two.

Oh and please, no "just use IE" or "Opera sucks hairy balls" statements... Thanks in advance.

- Jw
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

yeah similar here, but works well enough for me to keep using opera with the forums.

Opera 6.05 improved things a bit for the forums, but on occaion it will lock my whole machine on some other web sites...a bit of a worry.

Comment

Well at least I'm not the only one but mine is pretty much unusable for me. I've got 6.02 installed ATM, I guess I'll see if the newer version helps out any. Thanks.

- Jw

Comment

I've had a talk with Opera Tech support over this, and we've had a nice long thread about this before (Do a search, I'm too lazy ATM). The workaround is to set the window with the forums main page to only display cached images, then reload it. It'll load completely, and without looping. Afterwards you can set the window to display all images - it'll reload all images, but won't reload the site. Have fun

I'm going to file a bug report (still haven't). The Tech Support guy assured me he'll make sure it gets seen by the right people

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

My Opera has also become almost useless for these forums (I know have to do with IE ). Here is the thread:

Az: I thought you had filed a bugreport . Just to make sure, I have just filed one; hopefully they find the problem.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Opera 7 beta is due out in a few days. The rendering engine is rewritten from the ground up

Thank you for filing the report I never filed a bug report, instead I called for technical support (which are two very different things at Opera Software )

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

well if you don't like ie use Mozilla instead until they fix it.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

az:
                Thanks for mentioning version 7, it sure is worth checking out !

The PIT:

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

For VJ Opera casts off legacy code for speed
                  Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                  Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanks for the link !
                    Let's hope this minor bug with MURC does not occur in this rewritten code.

Jörg
                    pixar

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                      well if you don't like ie use Mozilla instead until they fix it.
                      Because Mozilla doesn't have the features I use Opera for, neither does IE... hence the reason I use Opera (and I'm sure it's the reason most others do).

Comment

Working...
                      X