No announcement yet.

what is up with this Feckin disease???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is up with this Feckin disease???

any thoughts.. they just found a victim outside of Louisville where i live, i'm about ready to move . ugh
    www.lizziemorrison.com

IF you are referring to the west nile virus, I wouldnt' worry about it too much. The death rates are extremely low compared to the population. The chances of you catching it are slim and none.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I should also mention that you can reduce your chances by making sure there is no standing water anywhere near your house(but you probably already new that).

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Another pointless thread brought to you by Lizzie

J/K, and anyhow that virus is getting pretty common down in these parts (Oklahoma) as well. Ah well, not much worse than all the diseases back home (Florida)
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Yeah, I'll take west nile over malaria any day.

Comment

I actually hope to have already been infected by WNV... to healthy people they become resistant/immunity to it. I was thinking about how many times I've been bitten since moving here a year ago last spring and I'm averaging >200 B/y (Bites per year) dispite all the repellant I put on... skeeters just luv my arse. :\

Still haven't been sick in over three years now (knock on wood) since I stopped drinking unfiltered tap water.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

awwwww
              Gweebie
              da skeeters just luv ya cause yer soooo sweet
              (at least that what Rags tells me)

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Rags told you that too

Comment

Hey Liz,

It started out in my neck of the woods back a couple years ago and so far no one I know has contracted it yet. The skeers love my mom and she gets eatten alive by them and so far shes fine. I've read/heard that if theres an infected Mosiquto, theres a one in 250 chance that it will infect you if it bites you.
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    I actually hope to have already been infected by WNV... to healthy people they become resistant/immunity to it. I was thinking about how many times I've been bitten since moving here a year ago last spring and I'm averaging >200 B/y (Bites per year) dispite all the repellant I put on... skeeters just luv my arse. :\

Still haven't been sick in over three years now (knock on wood) since I stopped drinking unfiltered tap water.
                    I hope you've developed an immunity to it. They say it's kinda hard on the elderly...

amish
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
                    X