Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxford University don't apply if you're deaf???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford University don't apply if you're deaf???

Well at least the girl has had another offer.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Looks to me like people are just digging for a story where there isn't one.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Problem is theres been a steady trickle of complaints over the last couple of years. Perhaps Oxford nead a PR man/women.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
        Problem is theres been a steady trickle of complaints over the last couple of years. Perhaps Oxford nead a PR man/women.
        think that idea likely to fall on deaf ears!

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim

think that idea likely to fall on deaf ears!
          LMAO!!
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

i too was rejected from oxford this year yet gained 6 A's and a distinction in aea physics at a-level and being in the top 20% in their written exam which they set. was this discrimination, not at all oxford do not descriminate at the interveiw stage and would have bent over backwards for this disabled student, the mistake they make is placing all credence on a 30 minute interveiw with each candidate and making firm inflexible decisions before the offers are even made, cambridge on the other hand seem to say "if you can get the grades and perform at our written test then we will accept you" from my experience with freinds, oxford need to do the same to avoid more public relations dissasters.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I disagree. I think that college should be about more than grades and tests. My alma mater was "very good" at a lot of things, but my fellow students were top notch. It was a gold mine of information exchange and exceptional people, and we all benefited from it. I specifically chose a university over an "engineering college" because I wanted the diversity in personalities and skills, and I'm definitely a better person for it.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i agree wombat theres a lot more to life than grades and exams but you just have to visit oxford uni to find out that all they are concerned with is academic ability, over the 3 days i was there most students locked themselves in their rooms between interveiews and buried there heads in their books while only a very few were sociable enough to speak, maybe they looked down on me for ot being from eton, i dont know but they werent over freindly, their interveiws were also 99% based on academic ability they didnt care what interests you had unless you were national standard so it would reflect well on them having you in there college, but if you are going to select on academic merit then make sure you do so not on a persons objective opinion of you.
                is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Academics ha.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X