DCOM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCOM question

Can anyone out there tell me what the heck a DCOM OXid Resolver call is?

I'm working on a problem at work and the first thing that jumps out at me is that every time the workstation sends a request for a IOXID Resolver Interface the server is taking about 3 seconds to send a reply, which it does in 6 packets that are each about 3 seconds apart.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

What is the problem? Is the client(workstation) failing to get the interface it asked for, or does it get but only after a lengthy delay?

When the server is started by the server-side SCM, it is associated with an object exporter and assigned an object exporter identifier (OXID). The mapping from the OXID to the RPC binding that can be used to reach the server is registered with the server-side OXID resolver.

More: http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/submit/Paper.html.

Basically, it sounds like the OXID is provided by the server so that other computers can access an object (or service) created on the server.

Personally, I've worked only with COM, not DCOM; I hope I haven'y confused the issue more for you!
    Last edited by JerryH; 19 August 2002, 07:05.

Comment

Working...
    X