Applying for a job is a pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a job is a pain.

The best thing is it's job that I'm doing right now basically. It's University so the differance is the grading. I'm on technical (Crap wages) and the so called new job is Admin (Crap but not as crap).
    The only differance seems that I have to design web pages sometimes.
    Anyway first problem is the application form. The person who designed didn't realise that someone may have to write in it. One inch square for all your qualifications jeez. Email address space that would fit if email address was j.b@c.
    Next problem I print the form out and a day later I start filling it in and it's hot so the ink smudges on one of the pages. Start again.
    They also want two CV's and two covering letters. Together with proof of my qualifications this makes rather a bundle.
    I also notice that on the under the health question they reckon I'm disabled if I suffer from Asthma. I just find it a nusciance sometimes and pain in the chest but I don't consider myself disabled.
    Also always use proper inkjet refills the differance between someone else and the orginal manufacturers is noticable. My ran out half way through printing.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Jep!
    Like those awfull RMA forms
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

At least everything is now up todate on my CV and my Qualifications are now copied onto the computer.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

A tech job that pays poor? we have never seen those!

Is there a tech job that pays well? Titles are free, hell I think mine is I.T. director! Just wish the pay went with the title!

The Chicken
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I worked for an NHS Hospital trust once. The only way they could get the techies on a half reasonable wage was to class us as managerial staff!
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Got majorly sick and tired of working low-wage menial jobs, seeing the exorbitant fees I collected go into the bosses bank account. Started my own tech support business out of my home. Scariest thing I've ever done! Barely pays the bills, but the only people I have to suck up to are the folks hiring me to disinfect their 'puters. Never looked back.

Kevin

Comment

Now if I get it will my old boss still try and block everything I do. At the moment he's pissed off because we managed to get two new laptops when he was away. He's off again next week so I'll order a usb hub which we will need.
              I would like to start my own business but I haven't got anywhere to work from. I would have too start running the business in Parrell with my present work until it built up enougth. That would me working from home which is a no go I'm afraid.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

RichL - I do work in the NHS- a community Trust here in belfast - and I am in at a managerial grade....

They have moved twords contracts these days - you dont even have the security of superan to look forward to!
                Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

How long does a contract last or is it one of these six months and maybe your out job.
                  Where I work the contract is forever.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I work for an NHS Hospital Trust.
                    The pay ain't too bad if you're certain kinds of medical staff.
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

We don't have a national health service, which is why health workers here can earn a decent living.

Now if only we could feed a few of the more predatory malpractice attorneys to the sharks hospitals might have enough money for updated equiplent

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X