Canopus ADVC-100 $ Pyro 1394DV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canopus ADVC-100 $ Pyro 1394DV

Well, in my zeal I placed an order for this handy little box, only to find out a day before UPS dropped it off that it has compatibility issues with 1394 cards using TI chipsets...wouldn't you know it, I happen to own a Pyro 1394DV. I found this at the bottom of the spec's page on the canpus website.

Now, an Email sent to canopus was quickly (within 30 minutes) answered, with a simple reassurance that "None of their customers using the Pyro 1394DV have complained..." it's nice that they answered so quickly, so hopefully his claim rings true.

But I'd like to know for sure if anyone here has had any issues, good, bad, or ugly regarding compatibility between the converter and the card.

Lesson learned however; I should dig around for any issues before ordering a part - I could always return it, but there's a small restocking fee...
    Last edited by JerryH; 15 August 2002, 11:31.

It would be interesting to know what specific TI chipset showed the problem. There are several, so the whatever incompatability there is may well not affect all of 'em.

OTOH you could change to the ATI DV Wonder which uses the excellent Agere chipset.

Just stay away from VIA chipped IEEE-1394 offerings

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X