Marvel G-400 TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G-400 TV

Hallo, I want to use again my Marvel G-400 TV for video-editing.
    I want to use win2000. Which soft should I choose (Premiere or Mediastudio Pro)? I simply want to put the video in real-time to my videomonitor. I think I should use therefore the hardware MJPEG of my Marvel, but which drivers shoudl I use (display and VT?). I know there are some hacked drivers to enable the hardware MJPEG (where to find?). Is there anybody who has good results with that?
    What would be the procedure for installing this system?
    (use the BOB for audio or not?)
    My system: A-Open AK72 with AMD slot A 750 MHz CPU
    384 Mb SDRAM PC133
    30 Gb systemdrive
    80 Gb videodrive

Thanx in advance.

Hi,
    I have installed the following drivers for G400-TV and they work fine with full MJPG support on Win2k
    thanks to Doc.

Display Driver 5.39.019
    Video Tools 2kvt202e_etv

Make sure you remove any previosly installd deivers and reboot when prompted.

Regards,
    Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

which soft

Thanks for your reply I'm downloading these files.
      Which soft do you use for editing (Premiere or Mediastudio Pro)?
      With full support, do you mean I can also get TV-output to my videomonitor while I'm editing (I know I have to render for dissolves or other effects, but just playback of the timeline).

Comment

MediaStudio Pro will work far better with your Marvel G400-TV than Premiere will. It will also run better on a wider variety of systems.

With MSPro you do get smart-rendering, which means when you preview the only thing it has to render are the effects you add. Any sequences of "straight" video do not have to be rendered. It's also faster than Premiere when it does have to render something. A LOT faster.

Once the effects have been rendered MSPro stores their previews in a special folder (normally on C:, but best relocated to a folder on the video drive using MSPro's Preferences page) so you don't have to render them again unless you change something. If something does get changed only that change has to be re-renedered.

Once all this is done MSPro will export your timeline to the Marvels video output during previews, at which time you can record it to the analog device of your choice.

Unfortunately scrubs will not go to the monitor as the preview window in MSPro uses Video for Windows while the Marvel uses DirectShow. The timeline, however, does export to DirectShow. This is due to be changed in the upcoming MediaStudio Pro 7, which should be entering betatesting soon.

No real harm though as the preview window can be set up to 1:1 scaling to get a good look (even from most effects dialogs) plus you can do timeline previews of a defineable range of the timeline to the monitor to check for color etc.

Besides here you can get help/info from the MUG (MediaStudio Users Group) email lists at Yahoo; MUG-SW (software), MUG-HW (hardware) and MUG-OT (off-topic, just for fun & argueing (G)). To get access you have to register at Yahoo, log in, browse to these URL's and click their "Join this group" link;

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

You will now be on an email list from each channel you join, so it would be smart to set up mail filters to move all the messages into their own folder.

There is also the MSPro web-forum at Digital Media Net's WorldWide Users Group;

Tip: if you set up the Marvels DualHead/DVDMAX feature you will not only be able to export for recording its MJPeg files but also DV, MPEG-anything and even Cinepak or Indeo. Matrox's DVDMAX is a VERY nice feature to have when editing.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 August 2002, 06:12.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

With full support I mean capturing with hardware MJPG and also DualHead features.

Nothing further to add to what doc. said. I extensivly used UMSP from v.2.5 with Matrox capture cards and I always had good results.

Debbie
          Last edited by Debbie; 17 August 2002, 11:02.
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Hi,

I'm a bit new 'round here . This my first post *waves* !

I just found this thread - read it through because I'm having the same problem.

I have heard of a "hacked" driver but where is it availiable from? And I couldn't find the Display Driver 5.39.019 anywhere .

Anyone know how to get MJPEG working in Win2K at all? Video capture without MJPEG in win2k with a G400 TV - I tried this and it was horrible. Frame dropping everywhere, very slow and sound almost always out of sync. (my system is ok, I'm working off a fresh install of win2k, system is an Athlon 700).

(I even still have a very old PCI Matrox card with an old Rainbow runnder attached, its a 2 MB Video card - it must be around 5 years old atta guess, it still works even now!)

SP
            Last edited by slothpuck; 17 August 2002, 16:13.

Comment

The main MURC site is here;

And the leaked/hacked video tools are here;

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

, thank you - I'll give those a try!

NB: That old PCI Rainbow runner is still alive even(!)....

SP

Comment

So are mine, but without drivers for new systems....

Fact is the old RRS's captures and playback are better than the Marvel cards made since, mainly because they used better procamps in the I/O stages....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Fact is the old RRS's captures and playback are better than the Marvel cards
                    Hey Doc, how noticeable is the quality difference? Reason I ask is if it is a noticeable difference, I wonder if I shouldn't setup a spare analog capture station. I still have my olf Mystique 220/RRS in my office computer. with the extra HD's I have laying around I could setup another capture drive. And if the RRS could still handle your old "overclock" trick I bet I could really get some low-rate captures (3:1) that would make for better DVD\SVCD conversion.

Considering that CPU's have gotten considerably faster since you posted that info I would imagine that the only limitation would be the RRS itself.

Then again, I am wondering if I should just just swap out the Marvel with the Mystique at my office? Heck I don't play games on either machine (Solitare doesn't count, does it?) so if capture quality can be improved,,,,,,,,,,

Just a thought.
                    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

The main capturing difference is when the source is slightly below spec when it comes to its level. The RRS could handle them with no problem at all, but the Marvels would sometimes lose their synch or mono. I had a Sony Hi8 cam that did this so when I used it with the Marvels I put a video processor inline with it to give things a boost.

With the output stage it was more a matter of the signal being a bit stronger, which helped in recording to VHS decks. My JVC SVHS decks were not a problem since they have preamps on their inputs that do the same job.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                      X