Name that tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that tune

Somebody here has to help me. I need the title and artist of a song that's been on the radio quite a bit recently. It sounds quite a bit like Elvis, but more current. If you've heard it, you probably already know what I'm talking about. HELP!
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Nevermind, found it. It actually is Elvis, remixed by some DJ named JXL. The song is "A little less conversation". It'd be fun at parties... look it up
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Elvis is teh winnar.

Check more obscure tracks like:

Stop look and listen, Wearin' that loved on look, long black lemousine

entire 68 comback record

one of best versions of Yesterday,

Polk Sallad Annie, Walk a mile in my shoes, Promised Land (From MIB1), If you don't come back.

Also check elvis.com

Comment

That was a great scene in MIB.
        Still laugh every time I watch it.
        "You do know Elvis is dead, right?"
        "No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home"

If you like Elvis, and if you like Zepplin, try Dred Zepplin. Band with Evlis impersonater doing Zep tunes and merging them with Elvis tunes, like Heartbeaker/Heartbreak Hotel. Funny stuff
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
          Nevermind, found it. It actually is Elvis, remixed by some DJ named JXL. The song is "A little less conversation". It'd be fun at parties... look it up
          It became a no1 hit over here recently, it became popular after it was used in an advertisment for.....

GURM, LOOK AWAY NOW..

...Nike football boots.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Yeah, "a little less conversation" is quite nice. Funny though that I seem to be nearly the only one that knew the original tune long before the Nike commercial.

I always have to laugh when I see the tunnel scene of MIB with the Elvis tune as well. I do like this (Elvis') version of "Promised land" much more than the original (Chuck Berry). BTW, I was quite often hearing this version tuned way up while driving through the city before. Now if I'd do it, everyone would think I'd like to copy MIB...

Utwig, most of those songs you named are from the great 70s Las Vegas appearances. If you like those, get yourself the "That's the way it is" DVD. It presents those songs in brilliant sound-quality.
            The 68 Comeback special was an even greater performance by the king with great versions of "Lawdy, Miss Clawdy", "Heartbreak Hotel", "If I can dream", "It hurts me",... I'd really like to see a DVD of this that is tuned up to a sound-standard like the "that's the way it is" DVD - unfortunately that's likely impossible, though.
            Last edited by Indiana; 14 August 2002, 14:00.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Anyone know what song it was where he couldn't hold back his laughter? He was laughing through the whole song... I really liked this one, but don't know which song it was.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It was a late live version of "Are you lonesome tonight".
                I'm quite sure, however, that he is laughing because of the ultra-high pitched "backing vocals" of one of his combo.
                (You can hear him say "sing it, Baby!" between the laughing at one point...)
                Last edited by Indiana; 14 August 2002, 15:15.
                My System
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Thank you very much I'll try and download it...

Now I only need a soundcard to listen to it (hint, hint )

(haven't you gotten my last pm? Or haven't I gotten yours? )

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Errm, there is no way that I can make it to a post office while they're open (I wonder how anyone that really is working and not only claiming to does this?).
                    Saturday perhaps...

BTW, I don't have your address.
                    My System
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                      Yeah, "a little less conversation" is quite nice. Funny though that I seem to be nearly the only one that knew the original tune long before the Nike commercial.
                      I didn't know it - shame on me.
                      I always have to laugh when I see the tunnel scene of MIB with the Elvis tune as well. I do like this (Elvis') version of "Promised land" much more than the original (Chuck Berry). BTW, I was quite often hearing this version tuned way up while driving through the city before. Now if I'd do it, everyone would think I'd like to copy MIB...
                      I once drove listening to Doin' time for being young (from Cry Baby) when i got a speed ticket.

The lyrics go:
                      - Well I don't care cause I drive too fast. Well I'm so young wanna do my best ...
                      Utwig, most of those songs you named are from the great 70s Las Vegas appearances. If you like those, get yourself the "That's the way it is" DVD. It presents those songs in brilliant sound-quality.
                      The 68 Comeback special was an even greater performance by the king with great versions of "Lawdy, Miss Clawdy", "Heartbreak Hotel", "If I can dream", "It hurts me",... I'd really like to see a DVD of this that is tuned up to a sound-standard like the "that's the way it is" DVD - unfortunately that's likely impossible, though.
                      I have That's the way it is album
                      On tour is great as well.

I have the private part comeback on VHS. (have '68 comeback album as well)

I have gotten the Burning love album today - soon I'll have all the 70's albums on CDs, while I already have complete '50s masters.

I also have a Peter Kraus EP (You should know him, you're German)

Ant
                      In my CD collection I have 2 interviews with Elvis and I can upload them both in .mp3 for teh Elvis interview on the front page.
                      Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 August 2002, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                        [B]
                        I have That's the way it is album
                        On tour is great as well.

I have the private part comeback on VHS. (have '68 comeback album as well)

I have gotten the Burning love album today - soon I'll have all the 70's albums on CDs, while I already have complete '50s masters.

I also have a Peter Kraus EP (You should know him, you're German)
                        I have the private part of the 68 comeback as well, although it's only a quite low quality VHS tape, it's even better than the "official" one.

I meant the "That's the way it is" movie. If you compare the VHS version to the DVD, they really have done wonders for sound-quality - one would wish every DVD would be like that.

Of course I know Peter Kraus, still he's only a very cheap imitation.
                        My System
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                        X