LCD Monitor Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Monitor Recommendation?

What 15" LCD Monitors do you guys recommend? I was just doing a comparison of a bunch at monitorsdirect.com but that only did so much. From the comparison it looked like the NECs and Viewsonics were the best spec wise...
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

I rate NEC pretty highly, but I don't own one... I'm still in the CRT age...
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Viewsonic and cornerstone both have offerings with 25ms response times. That's pretty good. There is a way-new monitor process from... I think Fujitsu... (don't quote me on that) that does a ROUND-TRIP response in 20ms, but it's super-pricey and only on bigger monitors.

You basically want a monitor with 25ms response, no question about it. Other than that, it's price and features. Of course Viewsonic and NEC are nice. But last I checked, NEC had ZERO offerings under 50ms.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

How about Analog-vs-DVI ?
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

DVI, all the way.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If your card does DVI, then get a monitor with DVI.

Sadly, finding a 15" with DVI will be VERY difficult, not to mention pricey.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm still in CRT age too, this is to show my sister what a mini PC would be like instead of a laptop. It doesn't look like Cornerstone produces 15" LCDs, that's too bad.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X