Radiators and Water Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiators and Water Cooling

I've been looking at water cooling setups and saw a Blackice Micro Radiator over on Aquastealth.com. My question is this....what is considered the minium size for a Radiator to be used to cool a system like mine?

Thanks
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

IIRC I've heard the blackice is not very good. I'd recommend the Airplex from www.wassergekuehlt.de (site is only in german, and I don't know if they will ship overseas, but the Radiator is good, I hear - it's made for use with two 120mm fans, and there are shiny metal case fittings (is this the right word?), or external racks made of plexiglass.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Shame they don't list or show a picture of this critter... very amature site regardless of whatever they offer
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
        Shame they don't list or show a picture of this critter... very amature site regardless of whatever they offer
        Ask and ye shall receive ...have to do some digging around in the site to find it.

Main reason I like this Radaitor is that it will fit into my existing 80mm Blowhole I have in my case already. Then again those Innovatech kits look pretty nice also
        Attached Files
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Ummm guys, didn't any of you consider that one of the main reasons water cooling is so much better than air cooling isn't per se water but rather the surface area of the radiator to dissipate that heat?

I guess not
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Care to expand on why az?

Comment

Because it's BIG

As I said, it's made with two 120mm fans (side by side, not in a row) in mind, which might give you an idea of how big it is. And 120mm fans can push a lot of air without moving too fast (and thus without generating too much noise, especially high-pitched whine).

Plus, it has a nifty system to mount it in the top of the case, made either of steel, black or blue plexiglass:

There is also en external rack available:

It is possible to use the Airplex passively (without fans) with the external rack, although this is only viable up to an XP at 1400 or so MHz.

There are even racks for two radiators stacked, or 2x2 radiators, although they state that this won't help cooling as much as one might expect it, and is only good for highest demands (dual-cpu systems, or cooling two computers with one water cooling system).

This is how it looks built into the system:

The shop also sells a flow control module, which shuts your pc off if there is no water flow:

AZ

Comment

How much for that puppy in US dollars?

Comment

As I said, I don't know if they ship overseas, but I could buy and send it to you...

AZ

Comment

Gotta go to the hospital now, will post in their forum this evening & ask for price in USD and shipping cost - it isn't very cheap, though.

AZ

Comment

Have posted there, will go now

AZ

Comment

Wasn't per se interested in purchasing but want to know how much so I can compare it to what can be bought here in the US

Comment

short jump-in: the price for the radiator is Euro 51,99 ; this should make something around 52 $ (or was it 50$???)

Rakido
                          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

That's dirt cheap!

Comment

Plus 15,- EUR for the mounting stuff (for the steel version), plus fans.

The flow control unit is pricey - 50,- eur. But I think they hace a schematic of it somewhere on the site, if anyone is interested.

The owner of the shop said it would be cheapest if someone in germany bought the stuff and sent it as a gift. If someone is interested, pm me

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X