direct3d not available with win xp and g100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct3d not available with win xp and g100

After install WinXp and execute dxdiag the button Direct3d Enable was not available. I've installed lastest drivers from matrox and the button was not available yet. With Windows 98 all works ok. Whats happened? How can I fix it?

AFAIK the g100 has very limited 3d-acceleration(if any), and is not capable of anything better than dx5-level 3d.

Im guessing that it did work in win9x, and that a few games actually could run with it, because it had dx5 compatible drivers.

winxp comes with dx8, so i guess matrox just didn´t bother to write a 3d-accelerated winxp-driver for it, because it would mean they had to write a dx8 compatible driver for it, which wouldn´t be fast enough anyway, since almost everything would have to be emulated by the cpu.

if you want 3d acceleration, then a new gfx-card would be a good idea.

Im not sure but AFAIK, only the g200 and up actaully have "real" 3d acceleration, anything before that had the 3d-core from the millenium series.
    Last edited by TdB; 12 August 2002, 18:18.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

could you just confirm that you don't have netmeeting running in the background??

Comment

First, direct3d acceleration was working wiht directx 8 on windows me ...and netmeeting's not installed

Comment

Because WinME is using the same driver as Win98 (VxD-based driver). For Win2k/XP, G100 as well as anything older than that will not have accelerated 3D. You need to either upgrade to something better than G100 or stick with Win98/ME.
          KJ Liew

Comment

Working...
          X