Other Parhelia versions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Parhelia versions??

In the original announcements I thought I remembered seeing 3 diffrent versions of the Parhelia coming. The first being the low end version. Sort of like the Celeron of the 3. Either there's not much talk of the other 2, I missed all the talk, or they are not doing them. Anyone have any info on what/when those other 2 versions will be out? Will they be more powerful? That's what I'm looking forward to, I want the high end one.

If there weren't 3, does anyone know where I got confused in seeing 3 diffrent ones?

There is indeed talk about three versions. A 64MB version. A 128MB version (That is now out in Bulk OEM and Retail). And a 256MB version.

Current talk is to expect the 256MB version to be available around September this year. Previous talk hails the 64MB to be released with the 256MB version. So expect the 64MB version around September this year too.

As for clock speeds. Current talk has ALL the cards currently at the same speeds. But Haig has mentioned on the Official boards that until things are finalised, the 256MB version could have a clock speed boost.

J1NG

Comment

time to save up

Thank you tons for the info. Sounds like I should start saving up for one now. I wouldn't doubt if they go for a good $50-150 more.

Comment

At least you can be pretty da** sure the 256MB cards wont go for 50-150$ less

Cobos
        My Specs
        AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

wasn't the 256mb version going to be clocked te same ?
          Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Originally posted by Cobos
            At least you can be pretty da** sure the 256MB cards wont go for 50-150$ less
            Unless the P. takes a 50-150$ price hit....

Which given Matrox's track record since the Mystique days just aint gonna happen
            "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
            Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
            DriverHeaven administrator
            PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Especially considering the impression I've got is that especially the 256MB version is aimed at the pro market. The kind of market that says 1000$, why so cheap! Though it is possible the 128MB version could take a prize dive, though as you said I found that very unlikely....

Cobos
              My Specs
              AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

Originally posted by CaineTanathos
                wasn't the 256mb version going to be clocked te same ?
                From what's said up till now, the 256MB version is going to REMAIN at the same speeds as the 128MB version. However, Haig has mentioned that until release, they (Matrox) <i>could</i> up the speed of the 256MB. There is no confirmation that this will be the case, just talk from Haig that it <i>could</i>. (Until it is finalised that is, which it isn't)

J1NG

Comment

Working...
                X