Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy protection (macrovision)

I use G450 etv on windows 2000 SP3.
    i am looking for a patch to disable macrovision ( i want to record an old PAL tape). i looked in http://matroxusers.com/Utils.html
    but i couldn't find a patch for g450. i tried to download the patch for g400, but the link took me to http://www.murc.ws/
    home page.
    any idea ?

Anyone for the G550 as well?

I just wanna watch DVDs On my TV
    P4 2400MHz , On Intel i845GE, 1024MB Cas 2 DDR
    Matrox G550 Dual DVI
    2x iiyama 4332 17" LCD
    2x WD 80000JB (8MB Cache)
    Echo Mia
    Plextor PlexCombo
    CoolerMaster ATC-500
    Canopus ADVC-100

Comment

Adam,

I noticed that you have a Canopus ADVC-100. It can be used to remove Macrovision quite easily. Run your video through the ADVC-100. If Macrovision is detected every few seconds the image will go screwy and then back to normal in a repeating process. Press a hold the button on top of the ADVC-100 for at least 20 seconds. When the button is released, Macrovision will be disabled until the unit is power off. This procedure will probably also switch to unit to the other video format, for example, if you were in analog format, it will switch to digital, so you may have to press the button again to reselect the correct video format. Hope this helps.

Karen
      Intel Pentium 4-478 @ 2.0 GHz
      Gigabyte 8ITXR mainboard
      512 MB 400 MHz RAMBUS memory
      2xMaxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM in IDE
      2xMaxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM in RAID-0
      Matrox G450-eTV
      Win98SE & Win XP Pro
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
      Netgear FA311 10/100 NIC
      Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-RAM/R
      Canopus ADVC-100

Comment

I heard this "feature" has been removed from recently produced units, so don't run out and buy one for this unless you are sure you can return it without hassles.

My ADVC-100 works great, but I've never tried the macrovision test as I've no intrest in copying movies from DVDs I already have. I do record suff I haven't found on DVD yet off cable TV to SVHS tape and capture with ADVC-100 to burn DVD+R.

--wally.

Comment

I find it very useful when copying my old VHS tapes to DVD. Like you, I haven't used it to copy a DVD to tape since my main thrust is to go the other way.

Karen
          Intel Pentium 4-478 @ 2.0 GHz
          Gigabyte 8ITXR mainboard
          512 MB 400 MHz RAMBUS memory
          2xMaxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM in IDE
          2xMaxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM in RAID-0
          Matrox G450-eTV
          Win98SE & Win XP Pro
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
          Netgear FA311 10/100 NIC
          Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-RAM/R
          Canopus ADVC-100

Comment

I've done all of these things with my ADVC-100, including copying protected tapes to DVD-R (no hassle) and recording VHS tapes from DV files (still no hassle and generally better quality than via my retired Marvel/hardware MJPEG).

The ADVC-100 manual mentions Macrovision protection, no way of overcoming it, but the long push of the button works fine. I can understand it if Canopus have disabled this feaature: thay have probably had the anti-piracy lobby breathing hell fire and brimstone down their necks! If this has happened, then I'm pleased I got an early model! As I write, I'm rendering a 178 minute film to DVD MPG format for my wife, captured from a commercial VHS tape with this box of tricks. A few weeks ago, I made a 90 minute VHS tape for my daughter, from a DV file captured from a selection of VHS-C tapes I shot in the Far East on various occasions from 1991 to 1995, edited to make a DVD for myself. Pas de problème!
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
            X