Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection sharing with 2 nics

Same problem, still unsolved:

I have a computer with 2 nics and an ADSL (pptp) connection.

1st nic connected to adsl: 10.200.1.1
    Checked the internet sharing on this nic so the 2nd nic became: 192.168.0.1

How do I configure the 'client' computer on the lan ?

What os?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Both win2k pro

Comment

Re: Internet connection sharing with 2 nics

Originally posted by Dogbert How do I configure the 'client' computer on the lan ?
        They should be set to obtain their IP information automatically as the ICS machine should be acting as a DHCP server.
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Done, got local connection going just fine, but no internet routing yet.

Comment

BTW,

I had to give the 'server' ip (192.168.0.1) as gateway.

The adsl 'modem' IP is 10.0.0.138

Comment

Buy a DSL router like the Linksys all you problems will be solved!
              Not only that but you will be able to connect up to 253 devices sharing one internet connection.

If you don't want that solution because you think it's expensive, you need to buy a second NIC card for the PC that is connected to the internet.
              You take that second NIC and connect it peer to peer to the other PC, then you download proxy server software (tons on the net) and install it on the PC connected to the net. Must leave the Proxy server software running at all times and the second PC will be able to connect to the net.

Regards,
              Elie

Comment

Working...
              X