Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel+non MJpeg capturing

Hi to all

Was wondering if anybody can suggest a way of capturing successfully in a non Mjpeg codec with the Marvel G400 on my machine.

I am currently unable to output any material to the BOB TV output as some form of frame jitter/bounce is present whenever I use the Matrox Mjpeg codec (Matrox said it is a known problem and will hopefully be fixed in next drivers). I am therefore forced to capture using the Matrox Mjpeg codec,convert the files to Morgan, and then edit and output to tape using the Morgan codec.

Capturing in rgb(16bit),with any resolution setting in PAL (25f/s), drops a few frames every second - the result being that whatever compression you then try to apply simply results in useless material.

I am able to capture with the Matrox Mjpeg codec at highest and best settings with no hassle (drops a 1 frame in 4minutes depending on material)and disk tests using the Matrox utility reports diskspeeds of 16M/s for all 3 my ata66 disks

Relevant? Hw
    Piii733,192Mram,seperate ATA66 WD30G drive for video,Preset 500M scratchfile on seperate disk,Seperate system disk,Latest Via pathches applied,W2000,Gigabyte Ga6vm7-4E MB with bios F2,Latest beta drivers from web and bios for Marvel G400 in use

------------------
    Lawrence
    Lawrence
Working...
X