quiet new computer case and motherboard neede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet new computer case and motherboard neede

i am building a new pc around an athlon xp1800 with pc2700 memory and probably either a radeon8500 or leadtek gf4 4200ti and would like it to be as quiet and satable and hassle free(no via mobos) as possible. i am looking for a quiet well built case which reduces noise as far as possible for no more than £100 can any one reccomend a good case and a place in the uk to purchase it from(i would like an aluminium lian-li but i fear it may be noisy would this be correct?)? also i need a motherboard for the pc for around £100 any recommendations?much appreciated thanks.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

do the nforce chipsets support dual channel ddr?if so are they any good and do they offer any real performance gains?

Comment

what about the leadtek twinforce bundle of a socket a motherboard with dual channel ddr and a gf4 ti4200 for £170, it seems cheap but is the motherboard any good?sorry about the multiple post but i keep seeing new things

Comment

See sig...
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Noise Control have great pre treated cases for the outmost silent computer.
          They also have cpu fan+heatsink with silver instead of copper.

Comment

The difference between silver and copper thermal conductivity is negligible
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, but it's still cool being kind of 1337 with silver instead of copper

Comment

Is it also cool to have 5" exhaust tips on a 2" system?
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'd suggest a EVERCASE E4252W005A (comes in black as well) for the case $24, but one of the most sturdy cases I've worked with.

Throw in a Allied 400W PS for $36 (really quiet and better than Enermax and Antec in my opinion).

I'd get a Sis745 chipset motherboard (MSI SIS 745 ULTRA $65), you don't get much more stable than these babies, and try out the new Volcano 9 heatsink ($28), they work really well and are really quiet.

If you want to stay quiet I'd suggest on of the new WD Harddrives as well.

Cheap, quiet, and pretty darned powerful..... wish I had the money to build one of these for myself instead of only for friends.
                  Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

thanks guys, does anyone know where i can get the msi mobo from in the uk? is the leadtek twinforce bundle rubbish as it supports dual channel ddr and seems really cheap for what it is, its going to cost me £170 for the leadtek budle but about £240 for separate mobo and gfx card. thanks again. also are there any other motherboards with the sis chipset as the msi seem rare in the uk?

Comment

the only 745 board i can find is an asus a7s333 are these rspectable?

Comment

Should be.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                          the only 745 board i can find is an asus a7s333 are these rspectable?
                          I have one, see my sig....good board. I would get the MSI board if you want to overclock.

Scott
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'd also recommend the NoiseMagic cases (with Magic Fleece) PLUS a Magic Vent.

They've gotten very favorable reviews. The Magic Fleece in the cases reduces vibration and whine (from harddisks, and case fans), while the Magic Vent greatly reduces fan noise. The Magic Vent is made to fit the Noise Control cases, so I'd say it's best to get them both - dunno if it fits on other cases.

Don't buy your CPU fan from them, though. Their modificated PSUs are good and quiet, though a bit pricey.

The home page is only in german, but they ship everywhere - I'll gladly assist you, should you need help. Ask Dogbert for his experience with them

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                            X