New Parhelia Mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parhelia Mod.

Got around to modifying my Parhelia. Since I'm not a beta tester I guess I'm just preparing myself for the overclocking utility matrox is working on.

I used a Vantec low profile copper heatsink (60m x 60m) and a 60m Delta fan. Like 30cfm and 5500rpm on the fan. Ramsinks are BGA tincoated ramsinks sold at heatsinkfactory.com

Anything other than matrox's heatsink/fan combo is the better way to go. That thing was pretty dinky.

Here are some screenshots:

On my Abit IT7 it only covers half a PCI slot. On normal motherboards I'd suppose it'd take 1-1.5 PCI slots.

I'll try to get some better pictures. Don't feel like yanking out my P right now to do so.
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 7 August 2002, 20:48.

Let me break out the magnifying glass...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I just see a not so huge fan .. or is that a fly? Mmm

Stretch up tha pics

Comment

How have you attached the heatsink to the P?

Comment

Decent thermal Epoxy would be safe bet.

I'm tempted to mod mine in a similar way - but thats not for OC'ing - its purely to lower system temps which went up a whole 10 degrees after swapping my P. for my old 8500
          "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
          Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
          DriverHeaven administrator
          PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I've got a nice low profile copper heatsink but it's damn heavy, just worried about it falling off

Comment

You know that insulated wire that they use to hold childrens toys in the box... the stuff that is there so the parent can't get out of the box in any timely manner at Christmas (Bday etc) and excrushiatingly frustrating to remove... it works a peach to hold down add on HS to Parhelia without having to risk damage to the GPU. I've used it since the G200 days to attach monster HS's

Actually any decient solid copper core insulated wire (say 16-18ga) will work to attach
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm never thought of that, must remember, insulated not bare wire

Comment

Or barbed.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                  X