Parhelia Custom Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia Custom Resolutions

Has anyone gotten custom resolutions from matrox?

If you have, let me know how to get them, I cannot find the email on the front page anymore (search doesn't work).

I have a 21" monitor and I'd like a bit more than 1600x1200 - 1920x1440 gets too small, so I would like 1760x1320 and maybe a few more like 1280x960 for gaming.

I haven't heard of anyone receiving custom P resolutions from Matrox. You were directed to contact Matrox sales to express your specific interests.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks but what is the email?

Of course it could be sales@matrox.com !!!!!

I cannot seem to find any apropriate email on the Matrox site!

TIA for any help

Comment

I found it on their site: graphics.sales@matrox.com
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

1280x960 is in the drivers, but disabled...you just need to do a little hacking to get to that res to work...

See this thread in out FAQ forum:
          Last edited by Kruzin; 7 August 2002, 18:14.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin: Thanks, I wonder why it was disabled!

xortam: Thanks, I did find that one myself but I don't think that was the email on the frontpage, the search function on the frontpage doesn't work it says 'Error No parameters given.'

Anyway I try this email, I'll let you know if anything of interest happens!

Comment

Re: Parhelia Custom Resolutions

Originally posted by MartinJHolm
              Has anyone gotten custom resolutions from matrox?

If you have, let me know how to get them, I cannot find the email on the front page anymore (search doesn't work).

I have a 21" monitor and I'd like a bit more than 1600x1200 - 1920x1440 gets too small, so I would like 1760x1320 and maybe a few more like 1280x960 for gaming.
              1280x960 is coming soon, driver release by the end of the month should include it, from what I heard.
              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

SS that's not what the Inquirer claims
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                  SS that's not what the Inquirer claims
                  my sources are MUCH more reliable, Greebe.
                  OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

hehe I know... we (BBz) were discussing that article yesterday
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have gotten an answer from sales.uk and they say that in the next driver release the resolutions I asked for would be available if my monitor supports it (I asked for 1408 x 1056, 1728 x 1296, 1760 x 1320, 1792 x 1344) that sound nice to me

Comment

CRAP!

Just recieved the following:

Hello Mr Holm,

thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the delay in answering.

Actually there is no possibility at the matrox drivers to realize the resolutions you wish.
                        We will forward your inquiry to our developer team and will wait for an answer.
                        Please keep patient; it is not sure that your application will be implemented but we will try.

Kind regards,

Matrox Produktinfo-Team
                        Silvia Bollwein

Comment

I wouldn´t worry about that, they (AFAIK) will soon relaese a "matrox tech support tweak utility" for the parhelia, and my guess is that it will include a utility for adding costum-resolutions.
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I hope so. I also need more of a selection between 1600x1200 and 1920x1440.
                            I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

Working...
                            X