Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car stereo!

Hi all,

If anyone's in the market for a new car stereo, I just bought a Pioneer MP3 head unit (http://www.pioneer.co.uk/bighead.php3?id=DEH-P7400MP) and I'm very impressed! Sounds great, and having 150 songs on one disc is very cool

Only downfall is the 4-5 second pause between MP3 tracks, and difficult to read the screen in direct sunlight (but all radios with fancy screens seem to suffer from that)

4-5 seconds is quite long indeed.

Anyway, it really does look cool.
    How well does it play regular CDs ?

Comment

I tried out several car mp3 players and think that pioneer was the one i liked most. Not that expensive either, but hard to get in sweden. A friend of mine orderd one in may, he got it 3 weeks ago.

Comment

do those players also offer random/shuffle play for MP3 files ?
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Dogbert - yep - plays normal CDs great from what I've seen so far. And finally I get to use the CD TEXT function of my CDRW which works great!

Maggs - yes, you can random play by folder, or by the whole disc.

Comment

I picked up an Alpine MP3 player for the car last week.
            It's fantastic!! The pause is only 1-2 seconds between mp3s too.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

cool !

do they also offer firmware upgrades for something like crossfading plugins ???

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Unfortunately the current ones don't Maggi. However, this Pioneer one lets you alter pretty much every single aspect of the sound you could imagine.

I think the next ones from Pioneer will be updateable because you can supposedly change the little video screensaver things (Dolphins/Formula 1 cars etc) on them when they come out.

Comment

I was also impressed (not trying to hijack your thread mate! )
                  I'll try and dig out some specs...

*edit*
                  Here ya go. For some reason it doesn't list all the features...
                  Last edited by Paddy; 7 August 2002, 07:10.
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Oi! you! My thread!

Mines' better - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...,21416,00.html

But again, Pioneer don't seem to want to advertise all its features in any detail.

Comment

C'est combien?

Comment

I also dont spot the digital time correction and crossover features

Comment

Waddaya mean Padds? It has got cross overs built in.. I don't think it gets the time from RDS though cos I had to set that myself.

Cost me 350 squids.

Comment

digital time correction, as in you can delay the sound to individual speakers to simulate you being in the centre.

Well it cost more than mine! Halfords are selling mine for £369. I paid a damn sight less.

Comment

Ahh yeah, you can do some thing where you choose where in the car you're sitting (you get a cool 3d picture of the seats in a car).

Mine is RRP £380, online was a bit under £300, but I wanted it there and then. My lack of patience often costs me money!

Comment

Working...
                              X