Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 flickering desktop and tv-out with DVDmax

Hi,

I'm using a Matrox G450 AGP dualhead. Worked great on my previous system (a Pentium2). Now, i have upgraded my system (based on an Asus P4T533-C motherboard) Still, everything works great, except when I want to use the DVDmax function.

Now, everytime I open a videofile with a player (I've tried them all) to view the file on my tv, my desktop starts flickering (by flickering I mean: a 'transparent' bar rolling over the image, very fast, causing the flickering effect.). Also, the image on my tv suffers from a continuing flickering effect, even worse than my desktop.

I've tried different settings of my desktop, but as you mentioned somewhere else in this forum, I know that 1024*768/16bit is the best setting. There is a slight improvement when changing these settings... however, the flickering on my tv stays the same.

I've tried your latest drivers and I have updated the bios of my G450.

A strange thing happens when I start playing a game like Unreal Tournament. With the game fullscreen, there's no flicker but when I minimize the window, I get a flickering desktop again...

Help me... plz... you guys are my last hope

Nobody? On the official Matrox forum, no one can help me too...

I noticed that I am not the only one with that problem...

Comment

Most of them dudes are still sleeping...
      When I was still a kid, my parents got me a Packard Bell. I've never been happier. Now it's degraded to a foot support.

Comment

Originally posted by Neomagic_Twist
        Most of them dudes are still sleeping...
        Sleeping? For two days?

Comment

Hi Sekwijl

I got the same problem, before I was aware that DVDMax has certain limitations depending on the amount of onboard ram. I've got the 16MB model and I need to switch back to 1024x768x16 colors or 800x600x32 at least before trying to use DVDMAX.

Good luck,
          Peter
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Thx for the advice, but I think that isn't the problem. My G450 has 32 MB of ram, and I tried playing back movies with the settings you mentioned. (1024*768 - 16 bit) and even 800*600...

That didn't work either.

I see you are working with a P4 motherboard also. Strange thing... DVDmax works great on your system?

Comment

try latest intel AGP drivers, it solved my AGP 4x problem

Comment

Strange thing. I took a Matrox G400 DH AGP from my friend and put it on my motherboard. It worked perfect. DVDmax without any flicker...

Now explain this?

Comment

Working...
                X