IMac’s are so userfriendly…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMac’s are so userfriendly…

Got a Imac in for repairs with the description that it didn’t boot.
    Strangely it wouldn’t boot from CD when I tested that (Imac’s don’t have a Floppy drive ).
    After testing all the tricks in the book and some that are not in the book I realise that I haven’t heard any hard drive sounds…
    So I check through the little access panel if all the connectors are as they should be and discover that the hdd is a quantum…
    Now I now that something is amiss, Quantum’s usually sounds like a blender with a dozen ball bearings inside
    Even when their running all right
    So I disassemble the Imac…(not a hard thing to do, the hard thing is to not touch anything that is charged or hyper hot ) and when I pull out the quantum I see that one of the control chips on its PCB is burnt out

Why couldn’t the Mac be a nice idiot and tell me that like any well behaved PC??

Case closed! (or assembled )
    New HDD and the Imac starts from the CD without complaints and tomorrow I will se how “userfriendly” a MacOS9 installation is
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Re: IMac’s are so userfriendly…

Originally posted by Technoid

Case closed! (or assembled )
    New HDD and the Imac starts from the CD without complaints and tomorrow I will se how “userfriendly” a MacOS9 installation is
    I redid a couple older Mac Classics with Mac OS 6 or 7....wasnt too pain full...but Apples are still Festering pieces of Shit...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I haven't had good experiences with fixing Imacs, especially the older ones. They had a bad habit of burning out their monitor boards and those were the hardest to get at. Did something like 20 in a month. And I was only interning there once a week.

(Damnable techs left them for me)

At least I wasn't getting paid...
      P=I^2*R
      Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Make good door stops though.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, now its fixed and out of my workshop
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

With a boot. I hear they good fish tanks.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, they are HEAVY suckers, would not want to heave around with one filled with water

And the handle is a POS!

Comment

read a litle skit at the bbspot some time ago.... they turned those imacs in to some sort of bisexual toy ......

being a person who actualy started doing "real" work on a mac i strongly belive that PC are far better to handle and use with any given task (almost) i cant stand macs.....
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Well, their better at one thing:
                  Burning a wide hole in your wallet

Comment

Working...
                  X