Another dumb rule proposed by the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dumb rule proposed by the EU

Some dumb wits are considering making it law that if you drive a car and hit a cyclist it's your fault whatever.

Cyclists are dangerous and ignorant enougth without making it legal.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Whow, hey, relax... Some cyclists are morons - true. But not *ALL* cyclists.
    IMHO there are some people that need a proper license to walk the streets (the kind of people who lack the coordination to walk while chewing a gum).

Having said that, I'm against that law as well.

Comment

99 % of cyclists are dumb and dangerous.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

a) as far as i know, this has been the case in NL for years

b) i don't think it's about cars hitting cyclists; it's about the stronger party automatically taking SOME part of the responsibilty. Therefore the same occurs when someone on a bike hits a pedestrian

P.

Comment

This aint so bad, the next time I want a new bike I'll just cycle into the back of a car, make sure the forks are damaged therefor the frame is knackered and thats £1000 please for a new cannondale thank you very much mototist

Breezer
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Good example of how dumb the idea is Breezer.

Now we want the same law for pedistrans and the following can happen.

Ignorant cyclist hits car claims injury driver gets out and gets run over by the cyclist. Since he's now a pedrestrian he can claim the same amount of injuries.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, I'm a cyclist as well as a driver and I've seen stupids on both sides.

But one thing car drivers use to do is to open their door without watching behind. When it's just a car behind, the other driver can move and swear, but when it's a car and a (motor)cyclist, the 2 wheeled guy has nowhere to run to. I almost went through a car's window more than once because of damn stupid drivers.

Breezer, I wouldn't recommend it cause in order to really mess up your c-dales, you'll need to hit the car pretty hard, which isn't going to be so nice for your neck.

Anyway, just like I never seen any pedestrian throwing himself under the wheels of a car to claim injury, I don't think I'll see any cyclists doing any of this nonsense.

Comment

I've seen a cyclist throw himself off it was rather funny too watch.

Parked car on the road Pedestrain walks out stops and checks the road before going round to open door. Cyclist just pulls round without looking it's very rare too see them look.

Yes they are dumb idoits on both sides. If you consider every road user an idiot you well on the way for safe driving.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think if this is the case then is should be made illegal for cyclists to use the road when there is a cycle path provided. For the majority of my route to work there are very good cycle paths, but are they used? Nope the bulk of cyclists decide they are going to use the road, a very busy road, which means traffic is constantly bottle necking and swerving to miss these morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                    I think if this is the case then is should be made illegal for cyclists to use the road when there is a cycle path provided. For the majority of my route to work there are very good cycle paths, but are they used? Nope the bulk of cyclists decide they are going to use the road, a very busy road, which means traffic is constantly bottle necking and swerving to miss these morons.
                    I agree. Also if should be an offense to ride two or more abreast with an large fine if spotted £2000 should cure it.
                    Unfortunatley now the effects of the country side being closed down theres more of these ignornants riding about blocking the roads. Even worse if you get on footpath for a walk you have to dodge idiots racing trying to beat there fastest time.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I agree.

Unless there isn't a cycling path, the road is for motorised veichles only.

Bicycles on footpath should be treated just as cars => pedestrians have the priority and the cyclist should wait.

And finally, cyclists should be fined just like car drivers are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                        I agree.

Unless there isn't a cycling path, the road is for motorised veichles only.

Bicycles on footpath should be treated just as cars => pedestrians have the priority and the cyclist should wait.

And finally, cyclists should be fined just like car drivers are.
                        Now I wish every driver and cyclist actually thought about pedestrians which they don't.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Bah, you´re just a bunch of terrorists. What makes you think that ownership of a car grants you the right to decide what vehicles should be allowed on public roads, or that you´re entitled to go from A to B at a certain speed regardless of circumstances.
                          With your logic buses and trucks should be banned as well, not to say anything about tractors, since they really can jam the traffic flow. What effect will that have on the economy you think, to which you owe the possibility to buy a car in the first place.

If all cyclists were to drive a car instead, you might really see some jamming of the roads. What´s your solution to that – build more roads? Nice.

Quit whining and adjust your way of life to the demands of the common good, and cycling enhances the common good in the way of better health, less hospital bills and no evironment pollution (save a fart or two) and last but not least less traffic jamming for you to whine about.

Comment

Originally posted by rubank
                            Bah, you´re just a bunch of terrorists. What makes you think that ownership of a car grants you the right to decide what vehicles should be allowed on public roads, or that you´re entitled to go from A to B at a certain speed regardless of circumstances.
                            With your logic buses and trucks should be banned as well, not to say anything about tractors, since they really can jam the traffic flow. What effect will that have on the economy you think, to which you owe the possibility to buy a car in the first place.

If all cyclists were to drive a car instead, you might really see some jamming of the roads. What´s your solution to that – build more roads? Nice.

Quit whining and adjust your way of life to the demands of the common good, and cycling enhances the common good in the way of better health, less hospital bills and no evironment pollution (save a fart or two) and last but not least less traffic jamming for you to whine about.

Let's see...
                            At least here in Israel:

1.Tractors are not allowed on the highway
                            2. Bus drivers drive as if they own the road
                            3. There are rules for cycling on a road, when cyclists don't follow the law, they should be fined and I'm talking HUGE fines.

The road is made for vehicles. Some of them are banned from some roads (here it's tractors and 50cc motorcicles that are banned from highways).
                            The road isn't made for pedestrians. Some roads can be crossed by pedestrians at certain points.
                            ANYONE who doesn't go by the rule of the road should be fined.

Comment

Doggie,
                              you´re stating the obvious. I didn´t think we were talking about highways, since cyclists aren´t allowed there.

I don´t buy the HUGE fines for cyclists though. You don´t need a drivers license to use a bicycle (and it would be impossible to implement) and so you can´t apply the same rules of sanctions as you would towards motorists.

If you drive a car and hit a cyclist (not the other way around) of course it´s your fault.
                              It´s not a dumb rule, it´s a rule for the dumb.

rubank

Comment

Working...
                              X