Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any1 know how 2 encode OGG/Vorbis faster than realtime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 know how 2 encode OGG/Vorbis faster than realtime?

Anyone know if there is a way to encode OGG/Vorbis at faster than realtime?

Faster than real-time? As in, you want the OGG before the actual sound exists? I think physics gets in the way there

Seriously, you might just be hurting for processing power, and maybe memory.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

He's saying encoding it faster than playing it. As for your comment, you're probably right - a 600mhz Athlon Classic is going to be chugging along on encoding work.

Comment

Really? I can encode MP3s at several times realtime. Could be the program I suppose. I use DB Poweramp Music Converter. Anyone know of any other conversion/ripping programs to use?

Comment

It's not the program, it's the algorithm. OGG is much more CPU intensive to encode, generally speaking.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I was wrong. I'm getting somewhere between 2X and 3X encoding speed. It was so slow compared to what I've done with MP3s so I though it was 1X. I guess this is yet another excuse to get me a new machine.

Comment

Working...
            X