Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing looks at anti-grav

Interesting:

404 error - This is not the page you requested - use our search tool or navigate the featured links to reach the Defence information, news and analysis you need

MadScot

PS Take with grain of salt.
    Last edited by MadScot; 2 August 2002, 10:46.
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

AFAIK NASA defunded research on Podkletnov's ideas. This can mean only two things;

1. it didn't work (most likely)

2. they moved the research to the Skunk Works

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thought this kindly looking old gentleman figured out anti-gravity travel 100 years ago...

Comment

No, that would be Keely. And he did it even earlier, using SVP.

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by impact

No, that would be Keely. And he did it even earlier, using SVP.

http://www.keelynet.com/keely/airship1.htm
          This sounds to good to be true....

It's sounds like a modern myth.

on the other hand;

Why not?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yeah, isn't he the guy who invented the car that runs on water, too?

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

If by that you mean the keely motor, then yes. I think that guy just had bad luck: he was much earlier than he was supposed to be, most of his ideas were stolen by other scientists (hello Tesla whatchu got there?) or misuderstood and frowned upon.

Anyways, it makes for some really interesting reading nowadays, when the science is finally catching on and beginning to understand the processes that made his inventions work (which was 120 years ago btw...). I sure hope one day we will be able to recreate some of his inventions.

Sympathetic Vibratory Physics, vibration science

or just google KEELY MOTOR

Comment

the above link goes to a page with this thext at the top:
                Earning $100,000 a year is just as easy as earning $15,000 when you know how!
                Over 7 million doing it now!
                Create Your Own Six Figure Income!
                Typical spam lines....
                If the autor wants anyone to take it serious he should not have included that!
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Only some harmless ad...

Comment

What he said. It's advertisement and it probably helps to fund the site. Internet is full of it.

btw: if you have enough time, check the whole SVP site... http://www.svpvril.com/ It deals with all the concepts behind SVP.

Comment

It can be argued that this process is actually an instantaneous acceleration of the elementary particulate constructs of the molecular substance under investigation. Within the conventional Theory of Relativity it is shown that the faster an object moves the denser it gets. The denser something gets the smaller it becomes and the more energy it contains and/or releases.
                      Is that right? It seems to my physics memory that this is just poor understanding, science BS, or bad writing. Am I wrong, or does this guy not make sense?

MadScot
                      Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

It's all a bunch of BS.

Comment

I thought as much. Not that I thought it was true, but rather I wondered how far off they could be while trying to be serious. I guess people believe anything!

MadScot

Comment

I still wish these things were still around.. it would be awesome to go see one taking off.

Comment

I have read a loot of the site now and I don’t like the feeling I get.
                              Something with it makes my stomach turn in the same way as when I was reading the Watchtower (Jehovah’s witnesses’ magazine) on how blood transfusions was evil

Comment

Working...
                              X