G550 and P-IV DDR mainboards problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 and P-IV DDR mainboards problem.

I have a problem installing drivers for G550 in a P4-1800 system with DDR RAM. After the installation of all patches, latest drivers and DirectX, G550 still works only in standart VGA mode, and the error message "wrong screen parameters" appears every time Windows starts. Under Windows2000 everything is OK, the system works after drivers are installed, you can log on via network - but the monitor turns off when the desktop must appear! And it happens on three (!) different motherboards, with Intel i845D, Intel i845E, and with SiS 645DX chipsets... But this G550 works fine on another two computers, Athlon XP-1600 and Duron-900, with no problems.

I have checked all the hardware for IRQ conflicts, tried different AGP apetrure size, everything I could think about, and I have a 10 years experience assemblying PCs...

Can anyone please tell, what is wrong? Is there any way to fix it?

Try a different monitor.
    Sounds like the monitor you're using can't handle the refresh rate you're set for
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X