.NET ? which one for drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .NET ? which one for drivers?

I will receive my long awaited parhelia tomorrow, however i have one question: should I use the .net from the driver cd, or should i use the one from microsoft, is there any difference??
    if the answer is, that I should get the one from microsofts site, can anyone provide a link?

note: I don´t intent to use .net or feel like registering anywhere, i just want my parhelia-drivers to work.

will .net interfere with driver updates in some way? is there anything I should know?
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Use WindowsUpdate to get the download

I'm a software dev so I already had it installed - the MS one that is
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

windowsupdate only offers "impotant updates and service packs" and "windowsXP" and "driver updates", there is not a word about .net?

actually i get the danish version of the site, so I don´t know what they are really called, this is just my personal translation.

I have all the updates, did it install .net without telling me?
      Last edited by TdB; 2 August 2002, 09:06.

Comment

They're in critical updates.
        If you don't see then you might have it already installed (duh).
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

where can I see if it is installed on my computer?

Comment

Try "Add or Remove Programs".
            It should read "Microsoft .NET Framework (English/Danish) v1.0.3.3705"

And btw on the Danish Windows Update it's found under "Windows XP" and not "Vigtige opdateringer og Service Packs" or "Driveropdateringer"

Kim
            P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

hmm!
              it isn´t there, and I have all the "windows XP" updates, all I have is alot of "windows XP hotfix (sp1)" updates.

Comment

Hi TDB

Just follow the link .NET Framework

First install the framework, afterwards the Service Pack...

But the framework is a redistributable, so it should be on the driver CD, just like the MSI installer is on every CD.

The reason for .NET not appearing on WindowsUpdate could be that you have a localized version of windows and the framework hasn't been localized yet. But you don't need to worry about installing the Englisch version. In essence it's nothing more than a bunch of dll's, just like you need certain dll's to run VB apps.

Good luck,
                Peter
                Peter Aragon
                Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Thanks!

you are probably correct in your theory, I have the danish localized version of winxp home, and there wasn´t a danish version of .net on that page, so that could be the reason.

however, that doesn´t explain how Sisyfos could get .net, through windowsupdate, unless he is running an english version.
                  Last edited by TdB; 2 August 2002, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
                    however, that doesn´t explain how Sisyfos could get .net, through windowsupdate, unless he is running an english version.
                    You're correct, I'm using the english version
                    Until Microsoft starts using ´ in their "translations", I prefer eating danish

Kim
                    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

well, then it all makes sense.

BTW, microsoft isn´t THAT bad at translations, if you compare to some of the other stuff out there.

some "translated" programs, just looks like they have taken all the text, word for word, and just let a computer with a dictionary do some automatic translations (swapping the english word with a matching danish word), while completely ignoring stuff like grammar or common sense.
                      Last edited by TdB; 2 August 2002, 18:13.

Comment

Just use the one that is included on Parhelia's drivers CD.
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

too late!
                          I have already installed, the version(with servicepack) Peter Aragon pointed me to, is there a difference between the 2 versions?

Comment

Shouldn't be any difference.
                            Even there is, both will work.
                            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
                            X