Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys produce another card

See the link in here: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1921

Looks very handmade, but I love that little screen they're using in one of the pics

Bitboys ... yawn. Its just a curiosity if you can't buy a product. Wake me when someone is producing a competitive supported product with their tech.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam,

Which tech are we talking about? The "molex connectors which drive small LCD screens" tech? Or the "no actual graphics here" tech? Or perhaps the "look, is the silk screen on the chip or the display case" tech?

The sad fact is that Shitboys continues to bamboozle their investors by displaying radio-shack-science-project quality components and fabricated screenshots, and never producing ANYTHING that we can tell, other than a single intellectual patent licensed to Matrox.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, in response to your rhetorical question ... I was just referring to their ethereal tech in general that is always on the verge of shaking the industry. You can't run applications on hype.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

AFAIK, their first card the pyramid3d, actually reached the beta-phase, and was send out to gamedevelopers.

I actually don´t doubt that, they can design working hardware, getting it massproduced it is another matter, but I guess betaboards is enough if you want to get investors.

otherwise they would have went down years ago, I mean somebody must think they are worth investing in.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Xortam,

Wasn't picking on you. Honest! I was supporting your cause.

TDB,

Yeah, I knew a guy who had a Pyramid3D at one point. *shrug* lots of people make beta boards that don't do much.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, I knew a guy who had a Pyramid3D at one point. *shrug* lots of people make beta boards that don't do much.
              let me guess: bad drivers?

seriously! I am interested, can you tell me more?

all I am saying is that someone is keeping them alive, it could be because they have some interesting tech, or it could be some rich dude who just felt like gambling.
              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Gurm, I never saw a disagreement here.
                BTW, I don't recall seeing Nappe back here after the P was announced.

Comment

Xortam
                  I've seen Nappe once or twice on Beyond3d since P, but he has generally kept quite low.
                  Interests include:
                  Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well, those guys DID invent EMBM which was later licensed. If they have a few more tricks like these to license, I can see how they manage to keep their head above the water.

Comment

That's ancient news Dogbert. What have they launched since then? Where is their revenue stream? Are they receiving royalties from Matrox? Is this their entire income?

AFA Nappe ... he sounded like he was looking forward to the P like the rest of us but I don't recall him commenting on it here once it got announced.

Comment

Working...
                      X