Stray pixel-blocks is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stray pixel-blocks is this normal?

I have just gotten my Parhelia and so far I'm not convinced that it was money well spent

I mainly bought it for the 2D quality, but actually I don't think that it is a lot better than my ATI 8500, it is better but not a lot!

My big problem though is that I get blotches of stray pixels on the screen from time to time, I have included a few screen shots.

Error1 is from the desktop, even if I refresh it stays, I have to change wallpaper to make it go away

Error2 is from Internet Explorer, if I refresh the page or scroll it will go away.

This is very annoying even more so since I spent a lot of money on the card

I would like to know if this is because of bad memory on my card or poor drivers or maybe something else?

My system:
    ASUS P4S533 w. P4 2.4 & 512 MB DDR
    Matrox Parhelia
    Eizo T965 21" monitor
    Attached Files

Looks like bad memory on the card to me. Try the P. in another rig if you can and see if it exhibits the same problems
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I think I found the solution.

Turn off Fast wirites in bios!

So far it seems to work

Comment

What is a system without an OS?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          What is a system without an OS?
          According to M$ it's unlicensed and therefore illegal .......
          "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
          Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
          DriverHeaven administrator
          PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I thought the P only worked on Win XP anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali
              I thought the P only worked on Win XP anyway?
              There are also Win 2000 drivers.
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

My issue is solved and I'm using WinXP

Comment

Working...
                X