Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlace

Hello

When I try to capture in PAL 704*576 25FPS with the Hardware MJPEG I get interlace-stripes. How can I capture SVHS Videos without these stripes?

Bender

??

Firstly: Under most circumstances, you shouldn't see them. (So how did you?)

Secondly: They're part of the package deal. This is television.

If you reaalllly want to get rid of them, capture at half the vertical resolution-- unfortunately, that cuts you down to 352 x 288. Another idea is to use some program (VirtualDub, for example) to de-interlace the picture.

Comment

I agree that you shouldn't get these. If you aren't already, try using PC-VCR.

Otherwise, if you are using another capture utility, make sure that it is using the correct field order (FO B for Marvels), or alternatively use frame-based capture instead of frame based. This isn't necessarily the best solution, but should get around your immediate problem until you sort it out.

Comment

Or, with whatever capture utility you're using, look for an option to enable "overlay."

Comment

My Hardware is a G400-RRG Combo. The RRG seems to be a older one (first driver version). I tryed to capture with the Matrox VCR, Avi_io and Virtualdub with the latest driver version. My impression is that the software captures the first halfframe of a picture and the second halfframe of the next picture. The result is that there are visible interlace stripes by slow motions in the video stream.

Bender

Comment

What do you mean "by slow motions?"

That when you play it in slow motion on your VCR, the stripes show up?
            That when you attempt to play back the video in slow motion on your computer (I don't know how) the stripes show up?
            That when you run the video through a program that does slow motion processing or playback, the stripes show up?

Help us out a little...

[This message has been edited by fluggo99 (edited 29 June 2000).]

Comment

OK, there were some problems with RR-G and the first G-400's, you can probably find the old posts on this subject if you do a search. It was never officially revealed what the problem was, but I believe that it was due to the speed of the G400 pushing the RR too far. Haig did post an open invitation to anyone experiencing this problem to apply for an RMA (return) on their board, I guess this still applies. I think some folks also tried a homebrew solution to do with a capacitor with some success, but for obvious reasons I'm not going to recommend that course of action.

Comment

What driver versions are you using?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X