• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More NVIDIA woes....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Watch the Investors reaction here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

OMG this is way too funny...and the NV30 STILL hasn't taped out!

Anyone wanna start a deathpool with me on how much longer Nvidia will be around???!!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Nah,

They'll drop a little in their share value , shrink a lot (fire a lot of employees, maybe including some [M]atrox renegades), and then it'll be a whole new Opera.

Comment

Huh

I see nothing here that really puts nvidia into a bind.

They had to write off some obsolete inventory, which isn't a really big problem. More of a one off event.

Their business is still strong, and there is no idication that they are in serious trouble.

In fact, If I had money, now would be a good time to buy Nvidia stock. But I don't

(Edit, I changed not to now in that last sentence.)
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Name Date Alert More Info

NVDA
          11.23, -4.99 Today Downgraded from Sector Perform to Underperform - RBC Capital Mkts
          News | Full Quote
          Price down 31%

Stock traded above 300% of normal volume.

CHEEZE!!!!
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

rugger, no indication of serious trouble? How about tons of lawsuits, financial "discrepancies" and insider trading?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yup.....they sure look to be in some dire circumstances.

Makes you wonder how they'll finance their R&D without capital investments?

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This is tough times for nVidia, but I don't think it's as serious as the media is making it out to be. The NV30 will probably get them out of most of their trouble (if they can get it released and ready).
                System Specs:
                Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I highly doubt that. nVidia's problems are much more than just the lack of a new product. nVidia's been mismanaged for a long time, but the increasing profits stopped people from caring. The nv30 isn't a panacea, it can't cure the underlying problem, and in this economy a new chip won't be enough.

It's not "the media", it's nVidia's own records that are serious.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Makes you wonder if MS would snatch them up if they got into that bad of straights...They still need componets for the XBox and Nvidia kicking the bucket would be a major headache for them and their plans...only reason I give a shit is that I own a Xbox
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Well, this is all speculation of course. I guess we'll wait and see how it all turns out. I highly doubt nVidia goes under though. They just have some tough times to get through but will probably make it out. I dunno about them being the top dog anymore (if they truely ever were) in gaming, but who knows what's going to happen...
                      System Specs:
                      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I'd say they do have major problems. From their accounting practices to insider trading with the SEC coming down on them in a major way. Then you move to the nForce chipset which isn't selling worth a hoot, XBox sales slumping, major OEM's backing out and losing the lead as who is fastest amoung other things, they have a long way to go in getting their investors money back on the upside. It'll take alot more than the NV30 to bail them out this time around.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm, echo?

Comment

Nvidia: The shadows cast by your towering achievements will shroud you in death.

Serves them right...greedy bastards.
                            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

eYup
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X