Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder what happened with the Parhelia Review over on [H]ardOCP..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what happened with the Parhelia Review over on [H]ardOCP..

I know Kyle ordered one suppositly under an assumed name and got it July 5 according to this posting here:http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34325
    And I'm wondering where his "review" Is..unless the ATI 9700 hype totally made him forget about it
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

perhaps he is waiting for an overclocker-tool...
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

@TDB

Bwahahahahahahahaha
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

@Greebe

Comment

TDB.....Greebe is a BB aka Beta Boy, and is privvy to more stuff than the rest of us.....so the laughter in his post must have hit a chord with him

-pickle
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

so in other words; I will probably never know what he is laughing at, because of an NDA, or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
              so in other words; I will probably never know what he is laughing at, because of an NDA, or something like that?
              Nah dont think it has to do anything with the NDA...just you might have missed what happened during the Parhelia release and what M did with Kyle (no card due to a mostly gaming slant/favoratism) and his bitching about it and subsuqent "negative" reporting/Bad PR hes been spouting about the card, even though hes never tested one and my questioning about it about it...and my slightly bad idea of crossposting between this board and the hardforums.

Its also how I earned my custom title Not bad for someone who didnt have a Matrox card in his system from December 2000 till July 2002

Comment

Exactly Scott... I highly doubt Kyle (who I bet wishes the whole situation altogether had never happened), will ever do a follow up review do to the bad taste in his mouth over the whole fiasco.

But yes there is that NDA thing also... don't want him trying to sue me for slander on what else I do know
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

aah! now I get it!

I have been following the whole "kyle vs. matrox" deal(as well as GT98´s promotion ), I just didn´t think it would have an impact on his reviews.

Comment

So he got a free Parhelia for nothing then. I bet it's in his main PC anyway but wont admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
                      So he got a free Parhelia for nothing then. I bet it's in his main PC anyway but wont admit it.
                      Are you saying that M sent him one finally? From the thread I posted....he ordered one under an assumed name..which I find kinda flaky...I dont think Matrox's Sale Department would have him blacklisted

Comment

Originally posted by GT98

Are you saying that M sent him one finally? From the thread I posted....he ordered one under an assumed name..which I find kinda flaky...I dont think Matrox's Sale Department would have him blacklisted
                        And worse, he had it sent to a different address. Did he think Matrox would really research it that much?

"You want to buy a card? Well we want to sell you one."

What a dink.
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

Actually guys, I beleive his reason for using a different name and address was to make sure his order wasn't given preferential treatment. IE he wanted to see the turn around time for the average Joe ordering from Matrox...

Not 'Oh its Kyle we'd better ship it quick' response
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Oh! No!

You mean Kyle is a closet Matrox Fanboy
                            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                              Actually guys, I beleive his reason for using a different name and address was to make sure his order wasn't given preferential treatment. IE he wanted to see the turn around time for the average Joe ordering from Matrox...

Not 'Oh its Kyle we'd better ship it quick' response
                              Or "we'd better ship him a quick (i.e. fsp enhanced) one"

Dave
                              Don't make me angry...

Comment

Working...
                              X