Matrox announces RT.X10...realtime for $599

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox announces RT.X10...realtime for $599

This time a toy for those on tighter budgets. When you take inflation into account the price isn't that much more than the Marvel G400-TV when it first came out, especially given that it'll likely be discounted from the $599 level pretty soon.

==========================================

Matrox announces Matrox RT.X10 realtime video editing card, designed for home video enthusiasts who want professional results fast

Montreal, Canada - July 30, 2002 - Matrox Video Products Group today announced Matrox RT.X10, a video editing card that lets PC users quickly and easily create home movies, business videos, and school projects they can be proud of, even if they are new to video. Based on Matrox's new "Power of X" architecture, RT.X10 leverages scalable CPU power with the explosive performance of dedicated hardware to give users superior realtime editing functionality at a very affordable price. Matrox RT.X10 is a video editing hardware and software bundle designed for home video enthusiasts who want professional results fast. It lets you easily create home movies, business videos, and school projects you can be proud of. It's part of the new generation of Matrox products that incorporate the Power of X - a new architecture that leverages the scalable power of your CPU with the explosive performance of dedicated hardware for the ultimate realtime video editing experience.

"Realtime" editing with RT.X10 gives you unparalleled creative freedom to experiment. There's no penalty for changing your mind. Everything happens instantly, without rendering, so you can quickly try out any number of effects and combinations of effects to get just the look you want.

Realtime color correction makes all your shots picture perfect. Realtime broadcast-quality titles and customizable 3D effects such as page curls, organic wipes, and picture-in picture give your projects a high-end TV look. Realtime adjustable slow and fast motion lets you create dramatic or humorous effects. Multi-track audio mixing lets you easily add soundtracks and music.

The combination of Matrox RT.X10 and Adobe Premiere (at about the price of just the software alone) provides vastly more realtime editing and productivity features. You capture video faster, edit it in real time without rendering, and then quickly deliver your finished videos on tape, VCD, SVCD, DVD, and the web.

Key Features

Faster capture tools

¨ Realtime SinglePass DV scan and capture cuts capture time in half and saves wear and tear on camcorders

¨ High-quality capture from VHS, S-VHS, Hi-8, and Video8

¨ Single-frame capture for easy photomontage creation

Realtime editing features eliminate rendering

¨ Full version of Adobe Premiere included

¨ Full-quality video output on TV, while editing

¨ Realtime color correction for picture perfect shots

¨ Realtime, customizable 3D effects such as page curls, organic wipes, and picture-in-picture for a high-end TV look

- Realtime broadcast-quality titles with dazzling motion effects

- Realtime adjustable slow and fast motion

¨ Multi-track audio mixing for soundtracks and music

Versatile delivery tools

¨ Realtime recording to VHS, S-VHS, Hi-8 and Video8 tape

¨ Matrox TurboDV export engine for fast export to DV tape

¨ MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video export for VCD, SVCD and DVD creation

¨ Intuitive DVD authoring package included - Sonic Solutions DVDit! LE

¨ Easy web video creation in Windows Media, RealVideo, and QuickTime formats

- Free web video hosting at www.matrox.tv

RT.X10 AVAILABILITY

The RT.X10 will ship August 2002 through distribution. Matrox RT.X10 is compatible with Adobe Premiere 6.5 and will be bundled as soon as possible.

RT.X10 PRICING

End user pricing is $599.00 US in North America...

for more information please visit our web site @

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 July 2002, 16:02.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Amazing! I think I just got an orgasm from a press release!

Okay, doc, I just know you've been betaing the thing. How is it?

Kevin

Comment

Nope....didn't get one, but it's really a reduced feature version of the RT.X100 so the betas should have real good idea of how the hardware & drivers work.

Look close at the pix on Matrox's site and you'll see it's the same board with some absent chips etc. Most notable among the absent features is no realtime chroma/luma key, but there are others. Still; it looks to be one powerful card for the money.

Now....the RT.X100 is the best editing card I've ever used....even if it does use Premiere....so go from there.

If only I could talk the Video PM's into supporting MSPro.....

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 July 2002, 05:42.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The following link is to a feature comparison between the RT.X100, RT.X10 and RT-2500;

DocM
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Very interesting card !

Perhaps a stange question: can it function as a realtime NTSC->PAL converter ?

edit: On that comparision chart, it only says DV as a capture codec. How should that be interpreted ? Is an analogue input converted to DV when recording ?

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 31 July 2002, 03:04.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks for the info Doc., but once bitten twice shy (Marvel G400 - TV)
            No need for details..

Regards,

Debbie
            Last edited by Debbie; 31 July 2002, 04:14.
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

I to would like to know if it can capture from analog?
              If so then this is the MARVEL that I have been waiting for.

Comment

Yes it can capture from analog and 1394.
                You will be able to output back into 1394 and analog however 1394 will not be real-time like its big brother the RT.X100.

Debbie, The group that developed this card is the video division of Matrox, that's all they specialize in!
                I have been testing for them since the RT2000 and they are going strong.

This new card meets the needs for many users that require real-time effects analog/1394 captures without paying over $1000 for features they will never use.

This is no Marvel G400, it's a semi professional card with the same quality as the RT.X100.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                Elie

Comment

does it like the x100 cap to MPEG2? The specs seem to suggest all the MPEG stuff is handled in sw.

Compatibility for analog capture with Huffyuv?

Neko

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                    Debbie, The group that developed this card is the video division of Matrox, that's all they specialize in!
                    I have been testing for them since the RT2000 and they are going strong.

This is no Marvel G400, it's a semi professional card with the same quality as the RT.X100.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                    Elie
                    I'm not Debbie, but I think I'll be passing on this too, in light of my experience with the Marvel G400. The problem with the Marvel for me was nothing to do with the hardware, it was that, after stringing their customers along with promises for a year, Matrox cancelled Win2000 support. I think a decision like that had to be a made (or at least approved) at a corporate level, so the fact that the X10 is from a different group doesn't matter...

Although I'm an owner of a RainbowRunner-Studio, a Marvel-G200 and a Marvel-G400, I seriously doubt I'll be buying any more Matrox motion-video hardware.

John

Comment

John don't judge the Matrox Video Products Group by what the Matrox Graphics Division have done in the past, they really are seperate entities for all intents and purposes. The Video Products Group have top notch products and support, they are producers of high end professional hardware that have started to produce some "cheap" semi professional realtime boards.

Comment

Debbie;

Ant and Elie are correct. The Matrox Video Group makes pro gear like the DigiSuite and they make VERY high quality gear.

Their RT-2x00 and RT.X100/10 productshave not only composite/S-Video/IEEE-1394 I/O but they also have high end filtering built onboard to improve the quality of the video stream as it's processed. They also upsample the video to a 4:4:4 colorspace for internal processing, which further ups the quality of composites and overlaid graphcis.

Add the advanced capture and export options and you have a product line that is very popular among videographers that do it for a living.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I still feel that I have been "left out in the cold" I went for Marvel to upgrade from Rainbow Runner Studio only to find out that to avoid "green flashes" I had to go for a software encoder.
                          Then came the promise for new drivers that never came to be.
                          So now I ether stick to W98 and at least use all that I have paid for plus the "bonus" of green flashes or use a fraction of what I paid for and go for W2K or WXP.
                          That's an old story now, but the top guys at Matrox are still there and they are the ones that count.
                          Yes, I am still a little bitter.

Regards,

Debbie
                          Last edited by Debbie; 31 July 2002, 22:17.

Comment

IF you were getting green flashes on a VIA chipped mainboard that was because of their highly limited PCI bandwidth.

The only time I've seen the green flashes with the Marvel was on on Celeron systems that used a 66 mhz bus. Intel BX or SiS 735/745 based boards using at least a 100mhz bus have never been a problem.

The Marvel 2.02 G100/G200 MMS drivers (April 2, 2001) work just fine with Win2K-SP2 here. They are available at;

They have both MJPeg and RGB capture enabled and provide YUY2 to external capture tools.

I'm using the 5.39 display driver with these video tools and the Macrovision patch.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 August 2002, 00:26.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi Doc,

Thanks for you help, it's dedicated people like you that come out with solutions. Now back to Matrox.

If Marvel has been intended for other than VIA Chipset Matrox should have pointed it out.
                              However viewing other threads it appears that it has been reported on intel chipset also.

Other issues have been sound problems. I have never used the BOB for audio output because the audio quality will be hopless.

At the moment I'm trying to tune in some TV freguencies that will not tune in on W2k, by hacking the registry.

Regards,

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                              X