This can't be a Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This can't be a Parhelia

Any ideas what this really is? I think they are out to lunch on this one.
    Attached Files
    Laurie
    ======

I would NEVER order anything from this place online. I have purchased from them but only from their storefront and only after making sure that what they give me is exactly what they have advertised and at the advertised price.
    Attached Files
    Laurie
    ======

Comment

It looks like a geforce4 TI to me.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Whoa their site has a layout that's twisting my brain...

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

And the real question is; why do they feel that they have to rebrand the Parhelia to G1000? :P

Comment

Hopefully they'll respond to my email over this.

It's bad enough that clueless n00bs were the ones that spread the G1000 designation around the net, but when a company lists it the same you can tell the quality of how they do business... not to mention slapping a GF4 pics to it

(not to mention the crap quality of their site)
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I recieved a responce from ATIC but before I post their responce I want to see what Matrox Sales dept has to say (oh they're going to get burned
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the effort Greebe. I never noticed the graphic was wrong but why should I be suprised. Atic should be nailed for that sort of nonsense. I remember an on-line-store thread from a long time ago where I mentioned them...would take too long to find it. It always has been one of the crappiest and slooooowest sites out there. Its just that sometimes they have unbelievably low prices.
                Laurie
                ======

Comment

It's actually the Parhelia 512, not 128. It's marketted under both the
                  Parhelia512 and the G1000 (this was the name the distributors were
                  marketting it under).

It's not like it really matters, as this video card has pretty poor
                  performance, and it's only redeeming feature is the triple-display ability,
                  it's a very limited market appeal (not many people have a need for 3
                  monitors).

As for the image - We used a GeForce4 because that's what was there before
                  (it was a Ti4600), and we haven't gotten an updated image from Matrox since
                  the G200s were around.

Ken Gallant
                  ATIC Computers
                  (604) 875-8859
                  Yes I did correct him on every incorrect point and a few others in additional emails (also forwarded this to Matrox Sales Dept

Comment

I just deleted Atic from my bookmarks.

BTW. I did not buy my G400 from them.
                    Laurie
                    ======

Comment

It's not like it really matters, as this video card has pretty poor
                      performance, and it's only redeeming feature is the triple-display ability,
                      it's a very limited market appeal (not many people have a need for 3
                      monitors).
                      Ouch!

So if it has such poor performance why are they selling it? There is no way in hell I would sell anything if I did not back that product. (yes I would sell the parhelia but not as a GF4 killer like somepeople around here tried to make me belive)

I guess Matrox will have a few things to say to them...

Cheers!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Geek

(yes I would sell the parhelia but not as a GF4 killer like somepeople around here tried to make me belive)

I guess Matrox will have a few things to say to them...

Cheers!

Mark
                        People didnt make you believe it was a GF4 killer...we expected it to be....and well you know the story
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

wheres ALBPM when you need that BBQ Animation? Matrox will grill them!
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                          X