Stupid Funny things that happen at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Funny things that happen at work

i have a couple that need to to share with you all. I work as a Civilian Contractor on a US Army post, supporting their simulation equipment they use to train officers. Heres a couple of funny things I get to deal with every day:

I work at Fort DIX and often I get packages with my repair parts with it Spelt out "Fort DICKS"

I get one phone call a day for people asking for transportation on post...I'm about to tell them I'm i'll be there in 10 minutes and have them wonder where hell the shuttle is

I got a call from a soldier the other day asking me for directions on how to paint curbs! I really had a hard time not telling him to go out and get some neon green paint for it

Anyone else have any funny stories of what goes on at work?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Everytime we have someone new in purchasing, somebody managers to sneak in an order for Dilithium Crystals

After this n00b calls serveral contractors someone finally informs them of the joke.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've been a tank driver in the armored corps for a short while, they have some pretty nasty jokes (excuse my bad English here):

1. n00b (rookie) joke- they send a n00b to get some electricity powder so they could start the tank.
      Yes they believe it exists, n00bs are so afraid from anyone higher in rank that when told to do something, they don't think, they RUN !
      Guess how frustrated they become when they can't find it anywhere and time is running...

2. Infantry joke - the artiller turns the cannon fast clockwise and stops at once (which makes a big "thump") when infantry is around. Next the guys in the tank start a very loud fight. When the infantry ask what the fuss is about, they're told that the stupid artiller screwed out the cannon and now it needs to be screwed back. Next thing you see it a bunch of infantry soldiers pushing the cannon counter-clockwise while someone actually turns is manually (very slow) from inside.

There are many more

Comment

Dogbert,

You reminded me of some of the stuff we used to do to new privates in my Army days. I used to be a mechanic on Bradley IFVs and we used to send out new privates to get exhaust samples by using a garbage bag over the exhaust on them..

Next one was that most radiosets in the US Army start with PRC..and you can guess how you say it. So you get another private who has no clue and ask him to goto the Platoon Sgt or First Sgt and ask for a PRC-E7 or PRC-E8...which happened to be the paygrade of those ranks

The other one was Chem Light Batteries..which are those glow sticks made out of firefly juice...thus no batteries
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
        X