Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.51a patch - now works on my system!

Hi everybody,

I’ve got the 6.51a patch to work on my machine!

Here’s what happens…

Something that Jerry said in one of his replies to my earlier thread about the “video frames are being sent to DV recorder”.

This is something I only saw when I was running XP – it happened after the XP patch was installed (surprising, I know!)

So, even though I’m now running W2k, I though, what the heck I’ll install the XP patch and hey presto, everything is fine.

To check, I repaired my installation to 6.5 – everything was OK.

Then I added the Power Patch – only video was exported to the camcorder, plus I got the “copy inhibit” warning.

Installed the XP patch and things are now fine.

However, I’m not sure whether the XP patch is still available on the Ulead site!

Jeff – I don’t think I need to ask you if you could try this. Although if I remember, you’re running ME!? (If you don’t have the patch let me know – it’s only 1.2MB)

Cheers,

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Well, I found that U32MPB.DLL file from the patch, when used with 6.5 will also cause the problem. I have meant to try the reverse on 6.51a (using the one from 6.5) but haven't had a chance to test that out. It's apparently the newer version that fails to correctly load the plug-in for correct timeline playback for some reason.

Anyway, that's the observation I made to tech support near the end of last week, so we'll see where that goes.

Jeff B

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Just tested your theory.

Overwriting the 14th Dec U32MPB.DLL with the 6th June U32MPB.DLL (from 6.5) in 6.51a corrects the timeline playback, but you don't get the "video frames outputting" message.

6.51a plus XP patch retains the 14th Dec U32MPB.DLL, but now you get the "video frames..." message.

So either way it works, but it seems that it's not strictly the U32MPB.DLL that causes the problem.

We're getting there,

Regards,

Nick.

Comment

Working...
      X